This film was a hackneyed remarke with a storyline that has been done a hundred times.
- Overused, trite
- Synonyms: trite, prosaic, banal
- Antonyms: original, novel
Having worked for years hebind s desk, she wanted to leave the mundane world behind for exoctic adventures abroad.
- Ordinary; typical (Mund- world)
- Synonyms: routine, workaday, banal
- Antonyms: singular, extraordinary, sublime
His latest book is widely criticized as vacuous and unintelligent.
- Lacking substance (vac- empty)
- Synonyms: insane, asinine, fatupus
- Antonyms: profound, thoughtful, deep
I don't understand why his oration was selected as the best; it was so prosaic that i nearly fell asleep.
- Unimaginative; ordinary
- Synonyms: mundane, pedestrian
- Antonyms: innovative, quixotic, whimsical
Christine is the life of the party, but Tom is as insipid as they come; hardly anyone wants to talk with him.
- Uninteresting; dull; without flavor (in- not + sapere taste)
- Synonyms: bland, momdescript, vapid
- Antonyms: engagong, enchanting, piquant
That show used to be my favorite, but its story lines became so banal that i couldno longer stand it.
- Ordinary; trivial
- Synonyms: hackneyard, trite
- Antonyms: extraordinary, singular, sublime
- commonplace; ordinary
- Synonyms: prosaic, banal, vapid
- Inactive; sleeping (dormire sleep)
- Synonyms: inert, fallow
- In full agreement (un- one + anima mind)
- Synonyms: concordant, concerted
- unvarying; always the same (un- one + forma form)
- Synonym: homogeneous
- The quality of being even-tempered (equa- same + anima mind)
- Synonyms: composure, imperturbability, aplomb
- noble of heart; generous; forgiving (magna- great + anima mind)
- Synonyms: philanthropic, altruistic, merciful