what is Hibernating myocardium?
reduced perfusion and contraction resulting in chronic LV dysfunction. this is reverseable with restoration of myocardial perfusion.
what is stunned myocardium?
- abnormal contraction despite normal coronary blood flow.
- May persist for days/weeks following angioplasty or thrombolytic therapy, making it difficult to assess the therapy
Radionuclides Used for Cardiac PET?
half life? apprx dose? production?
- 18F-FDG, 110min, 10mCi, cyclotron
- Rubidium-82, 75sec, 50mCi, generator
- N13, 10min, cyclotron, 20mCi
- O15, 122sec, cyclotron, 10mCi
- C11, 20 min, cyclotron
Cardiac PET agents for perfusion?
N13 and Rb-82
Cardiac PET agents for viability?