- monera- single celled organism without nuclei (bacteria)
- protista- single celled organishm with nuclei (algaew, protozoans)
- fungi-signle and muti celled organism (mushrooms, mold, yeast, lichen)
- plantae- multi cellular plant oragisms (moss ferns, pine, flowering)
- animalia-multi cellular animals
Linnean classificaiton sysstem
- kids prefer chees over fried green spinach
fundamental unit that composes the sturcutre and funciton of life. they manurfacture proteins and tohte rmaterials for building cells. manufacture energy. reproduce.
- tissue-group of similar cells
- organs-group fo tisuues working together
- system- group of organs working together
- organism-group of systems
animal and plant cells
- cell membrane- made of lipid, prermits inward passage of needed items outward passage of waste.
- nucleus-control center of cell: the braing contains the DNA.
- cytoplans-all materails outside of the nuclues.
- endoplasic reticulum-transport canals that ravel from the nucleus to cytoplasm.
- ribosomes-manufacture proteins
- mitochondria-releases energy to cell through chemial reatiocion
- lysosomes-hold enzymes to breakdown molecuels
- golgi apparatus-packages the proteins and transports them throught hte cell
- vacuoles-store food, water, and mineral
the study of interaction of orgaisms within thier envrioment and with one another.
the enviroment in whech living things exist (land, air, water)
the community of living things and non living enviroment. an ecosystem has energy flow and recycling of minerals. they can be large (desert or ocean) or small (pond or backyar)
- constant source of energy (sun-solar)
- energy is converted to glucose (needed by all living things)
- organic nutrieints and matter are recycled successfully.
food chain- changes to balance
- supply of energy changes
- food cycle interuped
- organic matter and nutrients incerease or decrease
- natural disaster
- natural pheanomena
- human contirbutitons (pollution, raw materal usage)
- come into being