- Generic: Hydrocodone Bitartrate/Acetaminophen
- Drug Class:Opoid/Acetaminophen Combination
- Therapuetic Class: Opoid/Acetaminophen Combination
- Mechanism of Action: Acetaminophen targets the hypothalamic heat regulating center and inhibits prostraglandin synthesis by an unknown mechanism. Hydrocodone bitartrate can act as an antitussive agent as well althoughe its MOA is unkown. Thought to act as codeine.
- Adverse Effects: Nausea, vomiting, dizziness, light-headedness, sedated
- Generic: Lisinopril
- Drug Class: Antihypertensive
- Therapeutic Class: ACE inhibitor
- Mechanism of Action: Inhibits the conversion of angiotensin I to angiotensin II (vasoconstrictor) via the angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE). Without the secretion of angiotensin II, aldosterone levels decrease thus reducing vasopresser activity.
- Adverse Effects: Hypertension, Syncope, Hyperkalemia, dizziness, headache, cough, abnormal renal test results
- Generic: Simvastatin
- Drug Class: Antihyperlipidemic
- Therapuetic Class: HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor
- Mechanism of Action: Hydrolyzed to beta-hydroxyacid (HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor). It arrests the conversion of HMG-CoA to mevalonate (rate limiting step in biosynthesis of cholesterol).
- Adverse Effects: Abdominal pain, constipation, nausea, headache, upper respiratory infection
- Generic: Levothyroxine Sodium
- Drug Class: Thyroid Supplement
- Therapeutic Class: Thyroid Supplement
- Mechanism of Action: Synthetic thyroid hormone that increases cellular metabolism and required for development, CNS functions, bone functions, food metabolism, and body temperature. T3 and T4 (thyroid hormones) attach to thyroid receptor proteins in DNA to induce gene transcription.
- Adverse Effects: Myocardial infarction, liver failure, osteopenia, psuedotumor cerbri, seizure