He was appalled by the damage from the fire.
to fill or overcome with horror, consternation, or fear; dismay
Cheating on your homework is no small bagatelle
The brigand robbed the bank
Juliet was a callow when it came to love
immature or inexperience
Piggy corpulent body is the but of all the jokes
large or bulky of body; portly; stout; fat
Many people were decapitated during the french Revolution.
The church sent emissaries to negotiate a peace.
- a representative sent on a mission or errand
- an agent sent on a mission of a secret nature, as a spy
Lying make me livid
- having a bruise caused by beatings
- dull blue, dark, grayish blue
- enraged, furiously angry
His first basketball coach had been a loud and demeaning martinet.
- a strict disciplinarian, especially a military one
- someone who stubbornly adheres to methods or rules
Elizabeth Taylor has a penchant for husbands.
a strong inclination, taste, or liking for something
He is a bonafie raconteur
a person who is skilled in relating stories and anecdotes interestingly
The school contructed rails for the handicaped
- a bar of wood or metal fixed horizontally for any of various purposes, as for a support, barrier, fence, or railing
- a fence
- I tore their raiment in anguish.
clothing; apparel; attire
The fight caused the rift between the two friends
- an opening made by splitting, cleaving
- an open space, as in a forest or cloud mass, or a clear interval.
- a break in friendly relations
Facing a tough decision, he decided to ruminate before making his thoughts known
- to chew
- to meditate or muse; ponder
He sat in sullen silence after he was grounded for a month.
to be sulky, bad-tempered or gloomily silent
She held the thread yarn taught between her fingers
- tightly drawn; tense; not slack
- emotionally or mentally strained or tense
- in good order or condition; tidy; neat.
My mom is a termagent being.
a violent, turbulent, or brawling woman.
He was wistful, missing friends to play outside with.
- melancholy; longing; yearning.
- pensive, especially in a melancholy way.
I had a yen for apple pie
- a desire or craving
- japanese currency