- So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.
- Gen 1:27
What happens when I do what is right?
- If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it.
- Genesis 4:7
God's good character
- You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.
- Genesis 50:20
- But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.
- Exodus 9:16
Where is my strength?
The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.
How am I led by God?
In your unfailing love you will lead the people you have redeemed. In your strength you will guide them to your holy dwelling. Exodus 15:13
How does God relate to people on this earth?
And he passed in front of Moses, proclaiming, "The Lord, the Lord, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness, 7 maintaining love to thousands, and forgiving wickedness, rebellion, and sin. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the children and their children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation. Exodus 34:6-7
Am I responsible for my sin?
If a person sins and does what is forbidden in any of the Lord's commands, even though he does not know it, he is guilty and will be held responsible. Leviticus 5:17
The point of the commandments from God
You must distinguish between the holy and the common, between the unclean and the clean
Where are the ten commandments? What are they?
- Deuteronomy 5
- 1. You shall have no other gods before me
- 2. You shall not make for youself an idol
- 3. You shall not misuse the name of the Lord
- 4. Observe the Sabbath day by keeping it holy
- 5. Honor your mother and father
- 6. You shall not murder
- 7. You shall not commit adultery
- 8. You shall not steal
- 9. You shall not give false testimony
- 10. You shall not covet
The Lord is God
Acknowledge and take to heart this day that the Lord is God in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other. Deuteronomy 4:39
Love the Lord your God
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. Deuteronomy 6:5
Who is God?
Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands. Deuteronomy 7:9
What does God expect of me?
And now, O Israel, what does the Lord your God ask of you but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in all his ways, to love him, to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your sould, 13and to observe the Lord's commands and decrees that I am giving you today for your own good? Deut 10:12-13