What are the 3 FAA required items for every F/A?
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- ID's (Airtran and Airport)
What time should F/A's check in at their domicile? When should F/A's be at the gate?
- 1 hour prior to departure
- 45 minutes prior to departure
What are the F/A's addittional responsibilities after checking in?
- check mailbox/bulletin board
- check posting for the latest manuel revision and bulletin
- check must read book
- check-in with supervisor when requested
- meet all crew mwmbers on the trip pairing
- if all crew mwmbers are not present contact crew tracking immdeiately
- report to the gate promptly
How is L1 determined?
What is covered in the L1 briefing?
- work positions
- ensure FAM currency and passports
- emergency procedures and equiptment review
- any other applicable information (security word)
What is covered in the Captian's Breifing and who must be present?
- L1 must be present
- Security -securty issues or updated info -entry procedures -flight deck entry procedures -password selection
- Allowable A/C Abnormalities (MEL's)
- Route -delays -holds -excpected length of taxi time -confirm equiptment (life rafts?) -estimated time enroute, flight number & destination -extended overwater/lifevest demo? -weather conditions/turbulance
- Special instructions in the event of an emergency
Where is each F/A positioned for boarding?
- L1 - @ PA
- R1 - Row 1 -10
- R2 - Emergency Exit Rows
F/A's are permitted to move to all parts of the cabin during boarding. T or F
What is the Door Arming Announcment? Who makes it? An when?
- Flight Attendants, please prepare for departure, cross check and all call.
- after closing the main cabin door
When will the R1 F/A arm the R1 door?
After the Arming Announcement has been made
When is "Cabin Ready" communicated to the F/D?
After the doors are armed and the cross checks verified.
Where is each F/A positioned for the saftey demo?
- L1 - @ PA system with clear view
- R1 - Row 1
- L2 - just forward of the overwing exits
When is "CABIN SECURE" communicated to the F/D?
- After announcements and demos have been completed
- customers and cabin area are secure for takeoff
- F/A's are seated in thier J/S's for takeoff
Describe each brace position.
- Aft facing J/Sfasten seatbelt and sholder harness securley
- head back against the rest, chin elevated, eyes forward
- hands under thighs, palms up, elbows slightely bent or cross arms in front of chest (do not grip shoulder harness)
- feet shoulder width apart firmly pressed on the floor, ensure feet are not under j/s
- Forward facing J/S
- fasten seatbelt and sholder harness securle
- head down, chin tucked , touching sternum, eyes forward
- hands under thighs, palms up, elbows slightely bent or cross arms in front of chest (do not grip shoulder harness) - feet shoulder width apart firmly pressed on the floor, ensure feet are not under j/s
What indication do you get once the A/C has reached 10,000 feet or the end of "Sterile Cockpit"?
you will hear 2 chimes or departure check
F/A's should remain visible in the cabin at all times. T or F
What indication do you get when landing is 3 to 5 minutes away?
2 chimes or landing check
What is covered in a Silent Review?
- E - ELS
- E - Exit locations
- E - Evacuation signals & commands
- E - Emergency equiptment
- S - Specials
- P - Proper J/S position
What is the door disarming announcement? Who makes it? And when is it made?
- Flight Attendants, please prepare for arrivial, cross check and all call.
- When the fasten seatbelt is turned off and you can see the jet bridge driver.
The L1 F/A wil report INOP cabin equiptment using what form?
Cabin Defect Report
Once customers have deplaned, what must the F/A do before leaving the A/C?
- cross seatbelts
- check OHB's or remaining items
- replace any missing Safety Information Cards
- get your carry-on bags
When should the F/A crew report to the gate for check in at an outstation?
45 prior to departure
The L1 F/A will close the F/D door after _______ ________ is communicated to the flight deck.
When the F/D announces _______ ______ or _________ F/A's will verify that the cabin and galley are secure, LAV's are unoccupied and take their J/S's for landing.