The promise of a redeemer given in the curse.
Abraham�s offering of Isaac
- [Judges 4,5(song)]
- Prophetess & judge of Israel,
- helped deliver her people from Jabin and Sisera.
- Moabite daughter-in-law of Naomi,
- wife of Boaz.
- Great grandmother of David, ancestor of Christ.
- [Deut 13; Book of Joshua]
- The successor of Moses;
- the general who led the conquest of the Promised Land
Joshua� encounter with the Captain of the Host of the Lord
- [Judges 6-8]
- Great judge of Israel who delivered his people from Midian;
- given the name Jerubbaal.
- [I Samuel] Prophet and last judge of Israel,
- anointed Saul and later David as king.
Samuel and Eli
1 Samuel 3
- [1 Sam 16 - 1 Kings 2]
- Great statesman general, king of Israel:
- United the divided tribes of Israel,
- made many preparations for the temple,
- which his son Solomon would complete. Ancestor of X
David and Goliath
1 Samuel 17
Nathan�s rebuke of David
2 Samuel 12
God�s covenant with David
2 Samuel 7, 1 Chronicles 17
- [1 Kings 1-11]
- Son of David/Bathsheba,
- King of a united, strong Israel for 40 yrs.
- His wisdom and sin stand out in his multi-faceted character.
- Ancestor of X.
- [1 Kings 11,12,14]
- Son of Solomon;
- when he was king, ten tribes revolted from him and he set up the southern Kingdom of Judah.
- Ancestor of X
Jeroboam son of Nebat
- [1 Kings 11-14]
- First king of Israel after the division of the kingdom.
- Reigned 22 yrs.
- Led Israel in rebellion against Rehoboam.
- [1 Kings 17-2 Kings 2]
- Great prophet of God;
- he strenuously opposed idolatry and was caught up in a chariot of fire at death.
- Ahab was his enemy
Elijah and the prophets of Baal
1 Kings 18
- [1 Kings 19; 2 Kings 2-9]
- Disciple and successor of Elijah;
- he held the prophetic office for 55 yrs.
- Heals Naaman of leprosy, raises woman�s son.
- [2 Kings 18-20]
- 12th king of Judah.
- Good king.
- Instituted religious reform and improved the overall safety and prosperity of the nation.
- Ancestor of X
- [2 Kings 22-23]
- A godly king of Judah during whose reign the Book of the Law was found.
- Ancestor of Christ.
- (birth prophesied in I Kings 13:2).
- Prophet whose activity covered the reigns of the last 5 kings of Judah.
- Denounced the policies of his nation.
- Prophet of a priestly family carried captive to Babylon.
- He prophesied to the exiles in Mesopotamia by the river Kebar, author of the book bearing his name
The prophet and the valley of dry bones
- Prophet at the time of Neb & Cyrus.
- His wisdom & faith earned him a position of esteem under Neb & Darius.
- (prophesy of weeks and distant future events)
The lion�s den and the prophet
- Governor of Jerusalem;
- he helped rebuild the fallen city
- Last of the prophets recorded in the OT;
- a contemporary with Nehemiah
A vision of Cherubim and wheels (glory of the Lord)