- (n.) the highest point
- synonyms: summit, top, peak, pinnacle
- antonyms: low point, bottom, nadir
- A perfect game is the ______ of any pitcher's career in baseball.
- (n.) a quality or characteristic belonging to or associated with someone or something; (v.) to assign to, credit with; to regard as caused by or resulting from
- synonyms:(n.) trait: (v.) ascribe
- The __________ I most admire in you is your willingness to give everyone's opinions a fair hearing.
- The doctor_________ my runny nose and itchy eyes to multiple allergies.
- (v.) to make something appear smaller than it is ; to refer to in a way that suggests lackof value
- synonyms: minimize, underrate, disparage
- antonyms: exaggerate, magnify, overestimate
- Candidates for public office may resort to negative ads that ________ their opponents' records.
- (v.) to transport ; to transmit; to communicate, make known; to transfer ownership or title to
- synonmys: carry, send, impart
- Please _________ our best wishes to your parents on their twenty- fifth wedding anniversary.
- (n.) a belief, principle, or teaching; a system of such beliefs or principles; a formulation of such beliefs or principles
- No two religions see eye to eye on every fine detail of ____________.
- (v.) to remove by cutting; (n.) an indirect tax on the manufactrue, sale, or distribution of a commodity or service
- synonyms: (v.) cut out, delete, expunge
- antonyms: (v.) put in, insert, interpolate
- If you ________ taht irrelevant remark, you will improve your essay.
- The ________ imposed on such potentially dangerous products as tobacco and alcohol have skyrocketed.
- (adj.) foreign: charmingly unfamiliar or strikingly unusual
- synonmys: strange, alien, picturesque, colorful
- A recipe may call for _____ herbs and spices that are difficult to obtain.
- (adj.) thin, pale , and careworn as a result of worry or suffering; wild-looking
- synonyms: drawn, gaunt, wasted
- antonyms: healthy, glowing, radiant, hale and hearty
- The ________ refugees were given food, clothing, and temporary shelter.
- (adj.) lively, easy, and carefree, in manner: smart or trim in apperarance
- snonyms: unconcerned, lighthearted
- antonyms: downcast, dejected, glum
- I bought a ________ straw hat.
- (n.) a joining together: the point at which two things are joined; any important point in time
- synonyms: union, seam, joint, turning point
- Our property ends at the _________ of the two stone walls.
- (adj.) lowly, humble, lacking importance or dignity; (n.) a person who does the humble and unpleasant tasks
- snonyms: (n.) underling, scullion, servant
- antonyms: (adj.) lofty, elevated; (n.) boss, master
- (v.) to ward off, fend off, deflect, evade, avoid: (n.) a defensive movement in fencing and other sports
- An effective press secretary can_________ almost any questions a reporter asks.
- The challenger's swift_______ caught the champion completely off guard.