-sorts people in each tribe into two sides by estate groups.
-helps organize ritual activities
- self made leader in tribal culture.
- position is temporary depending on ability and consent of followers.
- distribution of goods and services by direct sharing
- field method which the observer shares in community activities
- an individuals personal power network
How long have people been fully Human?
- for 30,000 years
Cosmology: The Dreaming
- key element of aboriginal culture
Male supremecy complex includes
- selective female infanticide
- and polygamy
Shipibo-conibo kinship system
- does not distinguish cousins from siblings
- most important food plant in Amazonia
- grows from cutting
- highly productive even in poor soil
- but its source of protein is poor
Where does internal village conflict come from?
- shortage of game
- abuse of power
Who would a man most likely marry in an Ashaninka Iroquois kinship?
- someone he calls a cross-cousin
- ability of an individual to get what he/she wants