Hospital recognized by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for excellence in nursing service and quality. Hospitals that attact and keep nurses when others have shortages.
RN leads a team that is made up of other RNs, licensed practical nurses (LPNs) and technicians
Total Patient Care
RN is responsible for all aspects of patient care for one or more clients
Places registered nurses (RNs) at the bedside and improves accountability for client outcomes and professional relationships
Approach that coordinates and links health care services to clients, streamlining costs and maintaing quality
Decision making is moved down to level of the staff, managers and staff are more actively involved
- Duties and activities that an individual is employed to perform.
Freedom of choice and responsibility choices. Willing to make independent decisions.
Legitimate power to give commands and make final decisions specific to a given position.RNs have the right to act- it's within scope of practice
Answerable for actions. Accepting the commitment to provide excellent care and the responsibilities or outcomes of the actions
Staff selects standards of care, policies, does quality control. Its a democratic model management. Staff and nurses are given the authority to make choices about the standard of care on unity policies and conduct best care
Nurse/physician collaborative practice
Many disciplines involved in solving problems.
Newsletters, minutes of meetings
Life long learners- to remain competent
You begin with assessment to determin to determin the need of the clients. Assessment is so much better when begin by developing a caring relationship. Once the assessment data is done you want to use the nursing process to dignose and set goal. Listen to the client for a better care. Be sure to ask assistance if client condition begin to change
- - High priority- Serious physical or psychological problems
- - Intermediate priority- non-life threatening actual or potential needs
- - low priority- actual or potential problems not directly related to illness or disease
- Basis need first- i.e., reposition before tray
- Effective-doing the right thing
- Efficiently- doing things right or least expenditure
- Efficacy- does what we say it does
- - Therapeutic conversation while assessing, but NOT while giving medications
- Plan Ahead- Equipment available and have client prepared (dressing change, giving medication).
Use of Resources
- - Utilize members of the health care team
- - Have staff assist you especially when
- Safer and more comfortable for the client
- Recognize personal limitations
- Remember client comes first