What is school-age care?
School age care is care of children 6 - 12.
Where do school age children go?
Home child care
Sibling care/self care
Licensed school-age care.
What is recreation programs?
Recreation programs allows for part-time participation, it is cheaper than licensed care, located in the community, often focus on skill development.
what is home child care?
- Non-institutional environment
: home like and relaxed
- Flexibility for hours of care providedChildren to be more independent in decision making
What is Sibling care, or self care?
- Children are often referred as Latchkey Kids.
- Family don’t have access to other types of care, or
- Parents feel that the children involved are mature enough to be trusted with this type of care arrangement
what is Licensed schoo-age care?
- A variety of activities available for both individual and group participation
- Program meets the minimum standard for health, safety and adult/child ratio etc.
- Before and after school care can be provided
class 1 powerpoint