2. glutathione reduction inside RBCs (protects from radicals and hydrogen peroxide)
The secretion of which of the following endocrine glands is NOT essential to life?
B) adrenal medulla
What is a striated duct?
- (intralobular duct) gland duct that connects intercalated duct w/ the interlobular duct
- characterized by basal infoldings on basal surface of plasma membrane
- found in submandibular and parotid gland
- A LOT of mitochondria on basal surface
- Along with the intercalated ducts, they function to modify salivary fluid by secreting HCO3-and K+ and reabsorbing Na+ and Cl- using the Na-K pump and the Cl-HCO3 pump.
The alternate loosening and tightening of a primary tooth that is about to be shed results from
A deficiency of vitamin A in a developing tooth most likely affects the
Which of the following enzymes catalyzes the formation of uric acid from purines?
Long bones of the skeleton increase in length because of
A) interstitial growth in the cartilaginous epiphyseal plate
.B) resorption of primary bone by osteoclasts.
C) mitotic division of osteocytes.
D) mitotic division of osteoblasts.
E) appositional growth on the cartilaginous epiphyseal plate