- A fracture of the orbit or of the bones that support the floor of the orbit.
-- The delicate membrane lining the eyelids and covering the exposed surface of the eye.
- Inflammation of the conjunctiva.
-- The transparent tissue layer in front of the pupil and iris of the eye.
- The eyeball.
- Bleeding into the anterior chamber of the eye, obscuring the iris.
- The muscle and surrounding tissue behind the cornea that dilate and constrict the pupil, regulating the amount of light that enters the eye; pigment in this tissue gives the eye its color.
lacrimal glands -
- The glands that produce fluids to keep the eye moist; also called tear glands.
- The transparent part of the eye through which images are focused on the retina.
optic nerve -
- A cranial nerve that transmits visual information to the brain.
- The eye socket, made up of the maxilla and zygoma.
- The circular opening in the middle of the iris that admits light to the back of the eye.
- The light-sensitive area of the eye where images are projected; a layer of cells at the back of the eye that changes the light image into electrical impulses, which are carried by the optic nerve to the brain.
retinal detachment -
- Separation of the retina from its attachments at the back of the eye.