Which of the folling is part of the highway transportation system (HTS)?
D) All of these
Safe, low-risk drivin is primarily a _____ task.
If you drive in a low-risk way, you will
B) Gain others' respect
Graduated driver licensing programs
D) All of the above
The four steps of IPDE Process are identify, predict, _____, and excute.
When applied to diving, the term _____ means the possibility of having a conflict that results in a collision.
The _____ is made up of people, vechiles, and roadways.
Highway transportation system (HTS)
What are the parts and purpose of the highway transportation system?
The HTS has three parts: people, vechiles, and roadways. The purpose of the HTS is to move people and cargo from one place to another in a safe, efficient, and economical manner.
How is the highway transportation system regulated?
Federal, state, and local government agencies help regulate the HTS by enforcing traffic-safety guidelines.
How does the driving task require a blend of social, mental, and physical skills?
- Requires you to interact sucessfully with people; a social skill.
- Involves decision making; a mental skill.
- Requires you to learn the physical skills of driving so that they become natural habits and you become acquired to control your vechile.
Whast are the four steps of the IPDE Process?
- Identify important information in the ongoing driving scene.
- Predict when and where possible points of conflict will develop.
- Decide when, where, and how to communicate, adjust speed, and/or change position to avoid conflict.
- Execute the right action(s) to prevent conflict.
How do attitudes affect driving?
Your attitude affects your willingness to learn and to effectively use safe-driving habits.
What are some examples of breakdowns in the highway transportation system?
Traffic tie-ups and collisions are two examples of HTS breakdowns.
What are three major causes of collision?
- Breaking various laws
- Not slowing in adverse wearher conditions
- Operating a defective vechile
What are some actions drivers can take to protect our envoriment?
- Reducing driving through car pools and the use of public transportation when possible
- Using fuel efficient driving habits
- Recycling used materials
- Buying and mantaining fuel efficient vechiles