other words for Phrases?
- :Dependent clause
- hint: all missing a V+S
what is a Verb Phrase?
hint: verb phrases describe it needs a action verb.
- when a it ends with (ing,ed,en) need a helping verb!
- exp: Sitting on a tree, MJ writes his best.
- ing v=describes action v
what is an Adjective Clause?
hint: who /which
- who is only for humans. (who was he)
- which is for animals, objects
- (the dog which crossed the street.)
- only used for questions.
- use comma for aditional unimportant info.
Adjective Clause for THAT
- that can be used for anything (human,animal, plant)
- No commas
what is a Dependent Clause
- starts with a subordinate such as (because, if, when,) it needs a comma and S+V.
- exp: when i wake up, i brush my teeth.
what are Prepositon Phrases?
- stars w/Prepositons such as (above,across,at one end,beyong under)
- needs a comma and S+V
WHAT ARE FAN BOYS PHRASE
do not start sentence with fan boys add to previous sentence
For example, such as Phrase.
- start with for example, such as
- (needs a S+V)