Anatomy Exam I
What regions make up the upper limb?
The should girdle is made up of __________ . What does it do?
manubrium of the sternum
R& L scapulae
the girdle connects the upper limb to the trunck
What are venae comitantes?
deep veins that accomnpany major arteries
all EXcept the axillary vein are paired
The origin and termination of any blood vessel are always described ______________
in terms of the course of blood flow through the vessel
1) Arteries originate proximally and terminated distally
2) Veins originate distally and terminated proximally
Superficial veins of the upper limb from
palmar digital veins ->intercapitular veins->dorsal digital vein->dorsal metacarpal veins->dorsal venous
arch-> cephalic vein & basilic vein
What is the retromammary space?
an area of loose CT btwn the breast and the deep fascia, with little/ no fat
What are 3 characteristic of the nipple
1) they are conical/ cylindrical prominence located in the center of the areola
2) tip of the nipple is fissured & contains an opening of the lacitiferous ducts
3) composed of circularly arranged smooth muscles
What is Cooper's ligament?
suspensory ligaments that firmly attach the upper portion of breast to the skin
What is the location of the breast
vertically from 2-6th rib,medial to lateral from the sternum to the mid-axillary line 2/3 of the breast rest
on the pectoralis major
rest 1/3 covers the serratus anterior
Describe the areolae of the breast?
it is the pigmented part of the breast which contians sebaceous glands
The arterial supply of the breast? The nerve supply?
internal mammary gland ( thoracic artery)->principal blood supply
lateral thoracic artery
nerve supplied by lateral & anterior cutaneous branches 2-6 mainly 4-6th intercostal nerves
What are the layers of the scalp?
Close subcutaneous tissue
Loose subaponeurotic tissue
What happens when the upper limb is adducted and then abduct above the horizon?
1) greater tubercle of the humerous approximates the acromion
2) arm reached horizon the serratus anterior contracts
3) rotation of entire scapula
4) acromion moves medially out of the way of the greater tubercle of the humerous
5) humerus then can abduct above the horizon
What is the costocoracoid membrane? What pierces the costocoracoid membrane?
costocoracoid membrane is the part of the clavipectoral fascia btwn the upper margin of the pectoralis minor & subclavius
lateral pectoral nerve
Anatomy Exam I
Bare Bones 231-236