CPR, who needs it?
How many people have dropped dead in front of you?
Who would suck face with a stranger?
I�m going to talk about the recent changes in CPR and the use of A.E.D Automated External Defibrillator
Why learn it, doesn�t everyone know it?
Didnt everyone have it in health
I was on a long ranges fishing boat hundreds of miles into Mexican waters at least 24 hours from the mainland.The fishing was great, 100 pound tunas and great white infested waters just to make it more exciting, as the local fishermen say �paying the landlord his rent� Unfortunately an old man hit the deck as he was fighting the fish of his life.
- Only a couple of people on the boat knew CPR, and to make it worse his fifty year old son was on board.
- As they were working on his dad the son walked to everyone on the boat and said �my dad is dying, do you know CPR?� and almost everyone shook their head no.
- Soon after on a Trip to Vegas, eating Breakfast�Baby eating fruit loops with the whole family around
- Turned blue just sat and watched
Dr cleared the air way and baby was fine
Changed my mind�didn�t want to be helpless�.could be my family one day
Old standard 12345 breath, 12345 breath, 12345 breath
I�m going to talk about the new standards of CPR
- A. Airway
- B. Breathing
- C. Circulation
- D. Defibrillation AKA A.E.D Automated External Defibrillator
Are you ok?
Check the air way
Check for breathing, at least 5 to 10 seconds2 breaths
Circulation, check for a pulse for at least 5 to 10 seconds
- Lie the person flat, heel of the palm between the nipples
- Start compressions 30 compressions and 2 breaths at a rate of 100 beats a minute
- Push hard and fast 1 � to 2 inches and allow the chest to recoil
- Rate of 100 per minute�.just like the beat to the jerk
- Airway, check for Breathing: Hand on head and two fingers under chin,
- pinch nose, blow for one second and watch chest rise Repeat two time total
1. Call for help if you can
2. Check for breathing for at least 5 to 10 seconds
3. Give two breaths
4. Check for pulse at least 5 to 10 seconds, Thirty compressions then 2 breaths
- 1. Power it on
- 2. 2. Attach pads
- 3. Clear and analyze
- 4. If shock advised STAY CLEAR
- 5. Press the shock button
- 6. Began CPR starting with compressions
- 7. AED will prompt you to repeat the steps
Class number��..HSC 222 - BASIC LIFE SUPPORT/CPR FOR HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS.75 creditEncourage everyone���.