If we're talking about the mouth, what enzyme is secreted? And what does it do?
- Salivary Amylase; turns starches into maltose.
- (polysaccharides--> disaccharide)
Relating to the stomach; What is the cell, what enzyme does it secrete, what activates this, and what does the enzyme do?
- -cheif cell
- -pepsinogen by HCI)
- -Digests proteins into peptides
What kind of cells are found in the pancreas?
What are the 3 pancreatic enzymes?What do they do?
Pancreatic Amylase; turns starches into maltose
Trypsin(---->trysinogen); digests proteins into peptides
Pancreatic Liapse; turns emulsified fats into fatty acids, which is called a triglyceride)
What cells are found in the small intestine?
Absorptive cells( simple columnar)
What are the 4 enzymes of the small intestine?
Peptidase; Digests peptides(from proteins) into amino acids so they can be absorbed
What do bile salts do?
Breaks down fats into fat droplits
What are the 3 main areas of the small intestine?
- Duodenum(superior,descending, horizontal,ascending)
- Jejunum-absorption of nutrients
- Ilieum-absorption of B12 and bile salts
What lines the small intestine?
Plicae, villi, and microcilli