- structure:2 layers of phospholipids with protein molecules.
- fcn:Forms outer boundary of cell, regulates movement of materials in and out of cells.
- General term for the material located inside the plasma membrane and outside the nucleus.
- fcn: Made up of two parts:cytosol and organelles
- Double membrane structure, outer membrane stretched, inner folded
- fcn: Major ATP production
- Consists of saccules. Usually 5-6
- fcn:Synthesis of pacaging of secretions for release outside the cell.
- Renewal and modification of plasma membrane
- Packaging of enzymes with vesicles for use in cytoplasm
- Network of intercellular membranes forming flatened sacks, tubes, cisternae
- synthesis, storage, transport, detoxification
- An internal protein framework in a cytoplasm
- fcn:Gives the cytoplasm strength and flexibility
- Dense granules composed of RNA and protein
- fcn: sites of protein synthesis
- large often sphereical structure, prominent structure.
- fcn: carries hereditary info
- directs of the activities of cells
- Similar to plasma membrane except
- -double membrane
- -pores are larger
- fcn:seperates nuclear contents from the cytoplasm
- structure: Dark Staining areas
- fcn: assembly sites for ribosomes
- single membrane structure
- fcn: contains hydrolytic and digestive enzymes
- found only in animal cells
- composed of 9 triplets
- fcn: forms the poles of the spindle that develops during the cell division
Cilia and Flagella
- 9 +2 arrangement of microtuble
- fcn: locomotion
- found in cells and plants
- rigid non living material
- protection and support
- Double membrane plastid containing chlorophyll
IN PLANT CELLS
- Cytoplasmic channels connection adjacent plant cells
- Intercellular exchange of small molecules and ions
- Very thin proteoglycan layer between opposing cell membranes that is reinforced by intermediate fibers.
- very strong and resist stretching.
- Caused by fusion of lipid portions of two cell membrances
- fcn:keep material from leaking through tissues
- 2 cells held together by interlocking membrane proteins
- fcn:these are channel proteins; so form a passageway that lets small molecules and ions pass from cell to cell