direct inhibitor of thrombin, unlike heparin it's action is independent of antithrombin 3. Neutralizes the thrombin, including the thrombin entrapped in previously formed clot
- 5-HT 1b/1d agonist, causes vasoconstriction, inhibition of trigeminal activation and vasoactive peptide release.
- Use for cluster headache attacks.
ALS, Rx to extend the life
Riluzole, which inhibits glutamatergic neurotransmission
- 1.inhibits 50S peptidyltrasferase activity
- 2. Anemia(dose dep), aplastic anemia( dose indep),
- gray baby syndrome( in infants because they lack liver UDP glucuronyl transferase)
- RNA polymerase inhibitor
- Revs up microsomal P-450
- Red/orange body fluids
- Rapid resistance if used alone
- pyrimidine antagonist- inhibition of DNA polymerase
- AML, ALL, high-grade non-Hodgkin lymphoma
- leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, megalobl.anemia
copper chelating agent for Wilson disease