What are three main products of the light reaction?
What's a Photon?
A photon is light energy that strikes the photosystem 11 and photosystem 1
List the five compartments involved in the light reaction and briefly describe the importance of each compartment.
- 1) Photosystem 2 - breaks the water particles causing oxygen to go into the air and hydrogen to be kept. Electrons made are transferred through energy carriers to the next compartment.
- 2) Cytochrome Complex - Pumps up hydrogen
- 3) Photosystem 1 - Like photosystem 2, the photons strike the compartment to excite the electrons. Then the electrons are taken to the energy carrier to the NADP reductase.
- 4) NADP+ Reductase - makes NADPH by taking the 2 electrons of Photosystem 1 and and a proton from the stroma
- 5) ATP synthase - protons from the stroma come and cause ADP to become ATP.
Name and Describe the 3 phases of the Calvin Cycle.
- Phase 1 - Carbon Fixation
- 3 Co2 are added to RuBP to form 3 unstable 6-Carbon intermediates.
- The intermediates split into six 3 carbon molecules called PGA
- Phase 2 - Reduction
- 6 PGA's are phosphorylated by 6 ATPs to form 6 Molecules of 1,3- BPG
- 6 NADPH molecules reduce the six 1,3 - BPG to 6 G3P
- . One molecule of g3p exits the cycle as a final product.
- Phase 3 - Regeneration of RuBp
- - 3 ATP are used to rearrange the remaining 5 G3P into 3 molecules of RuBp.
- - The cycle continues with the RuBp fixing more CO2
How many NADH,FADH2,ATP molecules are produced during kreb cycle for EVERY GLUCOSE molecule
6 NADH, 2 FADH2, 2 ATP
Is Pyruvate Oxidation an aerobic process? If so, Explain why?
Yes it is because it uses oxygen to make Acetyl CoA
What are the three main products of Pyruvate Oxidation?
Name me all 9 Stages in the Kerbs Cycle
- -Acetyl -CoA
- -Alpha Ketoglucarate
- - Succinyl-CoA
- - Fumate
- - Malate
- - Oxalocetate
What are the reactants for ETC?
10 NADH,2 FADH2
What are the complexes of ETC from weakest to strongest according to electronegativity?
- NADH dehydrogenase
- Cytochrome b-c Complex
- Cytochrome oxidase Complex