What does the X in XHTML stand for?
What is XTML?
- XHTML is a combination of HTML 4.01 and the strict syntax of XML.
- XHTML is more strict.
- XHTML is a W3C Reccomendation
- All browsers support XHTML
What is XML?
- XML stands for EXtensible Markup Language.
- XML was designed to transport and store data.
- XML is designed to describe data, HTML is designed to display data.
- You must define your own XML tags
How does XHTML differ from HTML?
- XHTML elements must be properly nested.
- XHTML elements must always be closed.
- XHTML elements must be in lower-case.
- XHTML documents must have one root element.
- Attribute names must be in lower-case.
- Attribute values must be quoted.
- XHTML documents must have a DOCTYPE declration
What is a DTD and what does DTD stand for?
- DTD stands for Document Type Definition.
- An XHTML DTD describes in precise, computer- readable language, the allowed syntax of XHTML markup
There are 3 DTD's:
- There are 3 DTD's: