What is the definition of Artefact?
Any object made by human beings, especially with a view to subsequent use.
What is the definition of Chronology?
The sequential order in which past events occur.
What is the definition of Evidence?
That which tends to prove or disprove something; ground for belief; proof.
What is the definition of Source?
A book, statement, person, etc, supplying information.
What is the definition of Anachronism?
Something or someone that is not in its correct historical or chronological time.
What is the definition of BC?
What is the definition of a Primary Source?
An eyewitness giving information.
What is the definition of Bias?
Putting across unfair or one-sided opinion
What is the definition of Interpretation?
A conception of another's behavior
What are 3 reasons why historians sometimes give different accounts and versions of events that happened in the past?
- 1. Sometimes there information comes from primary sources
- 2. Sometimes there information comes from secondary sources
- 3. Or if they had a bias account of something
What happened on 5 Jan 1066?
What happened on 6 Jan 1066?
Coronation of Harold
What happened Mid-Jan 1066?
William hears of coronation
What happened on 14 April 1066?
Haleys comet seen in England
What happened on 25 Sep 1066?
William landed in England
What happened on 28 Sep 1066?
Battle of Stamford Bridge
What happened on 14 October 1066?
Battle of Hastings
What happened on 25 Dec 1066?
William is crowned King
What are the names of the 4 contenders for the throne?
- Prince Edgar the Atheling
- William of Normandy
- Harold Hardrada
- Harold Godwinson
List 3 strengths and 2 weaknesses of the claims of 2 of these men?
- William of Normandy;
- 3 strengths- He was Edwards close friend, He was loyal to edward and he lived with Edward till 1042.
- 2 weaknesses- He has a history of fighting, and he is not English
- Harold Godwinson;
- 3 strengths- Only Englishman claiming the throne, Harold was one of the king's favourites, he had the Witan supporting him
- 2 weaknesses- His brothers were aiming fpr the throne too, and he and his father were banished from England for a year.