What is an Antioxidant?
- According to the National Cancer Institute "antioxidants are
- substances that may protect cells from the damage caused by unstable
- molecules known as free radicals. Examples of antioxidants include
- beta-carotene, lycopene, vitamins C and E, and other substances. Many of
- these antioxidant substances come from fruits and vegetables."Fruits
- and vegetables contain a powerful array of antioxidants that offer
- protection for our bodies. Beta-carotene is found in many fruits and
- vegetables that are orange in color, including carrots, Some green leafy
- vegetables such as spinach and kale are also rich in beta-carotene.Lutein, best known for its association with healthy eyes, is abundant in green, leafy vegetables such as spinach and kale. Lycopene is a potent antioxidant found in abundance in tomatoes. Vitamin
- C is found in many fruits and vegetables such as apples, oranges, pineapple, acerola cherries, papaya, carrots, parsley, kale, broccoli,
- cabbage, spinach, and tomatoes. Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant found in green leafy vegetables such as spinach and broccoli.
Juice Plus+® delivers key phytonutrients that are absorbed by the body.
- nvestigators at the Tokyo Women's Medical University and the Medical University of Vienna
- studied the bioavailability (absorption by the body) of select
- nutrients found in Juice Plus+ and concluded that Juice Plus+
- effectively increases antioxidant nutrients and folate. Other published
- studies have also shown various phytonutrients in Juice Plus+ are
- bioavailable. These studies were conducted by independent researchers at
- the Georgetown/UCLA, University of Sydney in Australia, King's College in London, Brigham Young University, the University of Arizona, the University of Florida and the University of Texas Health Science Center.
Juice Plus+® reduces oxidative stress.
- Several of these bioavailability studies also reported improved
- antioxidant capacity and reduced lipid peroxides, a key indicator of
- oxidative stress. In addition, researchers at the Medical University of Graz, Austria and the University of North Carolina, Greensboro
- found that Juice Plus+ Orchard, Garden and Vineyard Blends together
- were effective in reducing a marker for oxidative stress associated with
- aerobic exercise.
Juice Plus+® positively impacts markers of systemic inflammation.
- Chronic systemic inflammation is invisible, and can contribute to an
- increased risk for developing chronic conditions such as cardiovascular
- disease, diabetes, and cancer. Investigators at the University of South Carolina found Juice Plus+ significantly decreased levels of three key biomarkers of inflammation in both groups.
Juice Plus+® helps support a healthy immune system
- A healthy immune system protects the body, and good nutrition is
- important for a healthy immune system. Published clinical research
- indicated that Juice Plus+ supports several measures of immune function -
- in law school students at the University of Florida, in elderly people in a study conducted at the University of Arizona, and in healthcare professionals with direct patient contact at Charité University Hospital in Berlin, Germany.
Juice Plus+® helps protect DNA
- A diet rich in nutrition from fruits and vegetables is also important to
- protect DNA from oxidative damage, which can weaken the structural
- integrity of DNA. DNA becomes damaged and fragile when exposed to
- oxidative stress; antioxidants from fruits and vegetables can help
- protect DNA from this damage. Studies conducted have shown a reduction
- in DNA damage after taking Juice Plus+ in young adults at the University of Florida and in an elderly population at Brigham Young University.
Juice Plus+® positively impacts several key indicators of cardiovascular wellness
- Homocysteine is an amino
- acid that is found in the blood. Maintaining healthy homocysteine levels
- is important for the heart and cardiovascular system. A clinical study
- at the University of Sydney in Australia
- reported a reduction in homocysteine levels - even though the levels of
- the Australian subjects were already within an acceptable range.
- Researchers in Foggia, Italy also found a reduction of homocysteine levels in subjects with elevated levels of homocysteine. Researchers at the University of Maryland School of Medicine
- found that subjects who consumed Juice Plus+ were better able to
- maintain the elasticity of arteries, even after a high-fat meal. Investigators at Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
- monitored several measures of vascular health in a low risk population
- who took Juice Plus+ for two years and noted various improvements with
- no adverse side effects.
Juice Plus+®... The Next Best Thing
- Juice Plus+® is a simple,
- convenient, and inexpensive way to add more nutrition from fruits and
- vegetables to your diet, every day. Taking Juice Plus+ is the next best
- thing to eating fruits and vegetables. Of course, there is no substitute
- for eating a wide variety of fruits and vegetables. But because most
- people simply can't, don't, or won't, Juice Plus+ helps fill that gap. Juice
- Plus+ provides nutrition from 17 different fruits, vegetables, and
- grains. Each ingredient is specially selected to provide you with a wide
- range of nutritional benefits. Juice Plus+ contains not only a much
- wider variety of naturally occurring vitamins than vitamin supplements,
- but it also contains other phytonutrients, antioxidants, and nutrients —
- even some of the fiber — found in the fruits and vegetables it's made
- from. These nutrients work together in combination to provide you more
- of the nutritional benefits of eating healthful whole foods.
Supported by clinical research
Sixteen studies, published in peer-reviewed scientific journals, by leading researchers around the world, show that Juice Plus+:
Delivers key phytonutrients that are absorbed by the body.
Reduces markers of oxidative stress.
Positively impacts markers of systemic inflammation.
Helps support a healthy immune system.
Helps protect DNA.
Positively impacts several key indicators of cardiovascular wellness.