FMF - Chapter 123
1. What is the Primary mission of Marine Corps aviation?
Participate as the air component of a MAGTF
2. What is the Collateral mission of Marine Corps aviation?
Participate as component of naval aviation for other such Navy functions
3. Described the expeditionary aspects of Marine Corps aviation.
Organized, trained, and equipped to function as MAGTF ACE able to operate from sea and shore facilities to support MAGTF operations
4. What are the six functions of Marine Corps Aviation?
1. Offensive Air Support (OAS)
2. Anti air Warfare (AAW)
3. Assault Support
4. Air Reconnaissance
5. Electronic Warfare (EW)
6. Control of Aircraft and Missiles
5. Define OAS.
Air operations against enemy installations, facilities, and personnel
6. Define AAW.
Destroy or reduce level of enemy air and missile threat
7. Define Assault Support.
Aircraft to provide mobility and logistical support for the MAGTF
8. Name seven tasks/categories of Assault support.
1. Combat assault transport
2. Ariel delivery operations
3. Aerial refueling
4. Air evacuation
5. TRAP (Tactical Recovery of Aircraft and Personnel)
6. Air logistical support
7. Battle space illumination
9. Define Air Reconnaissance.
Acquisition of intelligence using visual observation and sensors
10. Define EW.
Any military action involving the use of electromagnetic and directed energy to attack the enemy
11. What are the three areas that fall under EW?
-EA (electronic attack),
-EP (electronic protection)
12. How is the Control of Aircraft and Missiles Managed?
Through the Marine Air Command and Control System (MACCS)
13. How many MAWS are there and where are they located?
-2nd North and South Carolina;
-3rd California and Arizona;
-4th HQ in New Orleans
FMF - Chapter 123
Marine Corps Aviation Fundamentals- Chapter 123