1. How many duties are there of the Interior Guard? What are they?
- Preserve order,
- Protect property,
- Enforce regulations
General Order #1
To Take charge of this post and all government property in view.
General Order #2
To Walk my post in a military many, keeping always on the alert and observing everything that takes place within sight or hearing
General Order #3
To Report all violations of orders I am instructed to enforce
General Order #4
To Repeat all calls from posts more distant from the guardhouse than my own
General Order #5
To Quit my post only when properly relieved.
General Order #6
To Receive, obey, and pass on to the sentry who relieves me all orders from the CO, OOD, and officer and NCOs of the guard only.
General Order #7
To Talk to no one except in the line of duty
General Order #8
To Give alarm in case of fire or disorder.
General Order #9
To Call the Corporal of the guard in any case not covered by instructions
General Order #10
To Salute all offices and colors and standards not cased
General Order #11
To be especially watchful at night and during the time for challenging, to challenge all persons on or near my post, and to allow no one to pass without authority
3. What is the Interior Guard chain of command?
Commanding Officer, Commander of the guard, Sergeant of the guard, Corporal of the guard
4. Of the six conditions that justify deadly force give three.
- -Defend yourself,
- -defend property not involving national security,
- -defend property not involving national security but inherently dangerous to others,
- -prevent crimes against people, apprehend individuals,
- -establish and/or maintain lawful order
5. What is the unlawful use or threatened use of violence to intimidate governments and societies?
6. Name two long range goals of terrorism.
- -Topple governments,
- -influence top level decisions,
- -gain recognition for their cause
7. Name six short range goals of terrorism.
- Gaining recognition,
- -reducing government credibility, obtaining funds/equipment,
- -disrupting communications, demonstrating power,
- -delaying the political process, reducing a governments’ economy, -influencing elections,
- -freeing prisoners, demoralizing and discrediting security forces, intimidating groups,
- -causing a government to overreact
8. Name three motivators of terrorism.
- political change,
- and material gain
9. True or false, terrorist groups operate in large groups and each unit may have between eight to twelve members.
10. How many threat conditions are there? List them from highest to lowest.
Delta, Charlie, Bravo, Alpha
11. What does the highest level of THREATCON mean?
An attack has occurred or intelligence indicates that an attack against a specific location is likely
12. The book lists 12 rules to protest you from a terrorist attack, name six of them.
- -Vary transportation methods/ routes/ times,
- -park in well lit areas with multiple exits,
- -lock vehicles, -report unusual activities, avoid traveling alone,
- -travel only on busy/ well maintained roads when possible,
- -attend threat awareness briefs,
- -avoid establishing a pattern,
- -keep a low profile,
- -be aware of local situation and your surrounding,
- -be sensitive to the possibility of surveillance
13. Explain what it means to “Maintain a low profile.”
- -Ensure that your dress/conduct/ mannerisms do not attract attention, -blend in to local environment,
- avoid publicity,
- -don’t travel in large groups,
- -stay away from civil disruptions and demonstrations.
14. Describes ways to “Protect your automobile.”
- Avoid leaving it unattended and in the open,
- look the doors/trunk/gas cap,
- search it before operating it (exterior check for unknown items
15. What is an unauthorized disclosure of classified material?
16. What is any official knowledge that can be communicated or documented material, that is under control of the U.S. Government?
17. How many levels of security classification are there? List them from lowest to highest?
Confidential, secret, top secret
18. What would be the result of an unauthorized release of the lowest level of classified materials?
Could reasonably expected to cause damage to national security
19. What should you do if you find unsecured classified materials?
Protect it from further compromise and notify custodian/security manager
20. What are the five methods that foreign agents use to collect information?
- Observe and photograph activates,
- Eavesdrop on electronic communications Read news releases
- Listen to carless talk
- Obtain classified materials