(n) The descendants of a common ancestor. Trace. Ancestry.
- Ex= the destruction of strains of bacteria.
- Syn= family, descent, species.
(n) Active strength.
Ex= even at her old age, my grandmother has an enviable vigor.
(v) To confirm.
- Ex= the concurrences of all, corroborates the same truth.
- Syn= verify.
- Ant= deny.
The state of being weak in health of body (especially from old age).
- Ex= her feebleness led her to a nursing home.
- Ant= vigor
(v) To frustrate.
- Ex= her pesimism has dashed my hopes to change her.
- Syn= blighted, crushed.
(n) Rapid and often excessive spread or increase.
Ex= The proliferation of drug-resistant viruses has dashed the scientist.
(v) To ruin.
- Ex= The proliferation of drug-resistant viruses has blighted the scientists' hopes that permanent vistories againts many diseases have been achieved.
- Syn= dashed, crushed.
(v) To engage in argument.
- Ex= after the campaign failure, the candidate's crew has disputed a more effective way to reach the population.
- Syn= argue, discuss
The ------- of drug-resistant strains of bacteria and viruses has ------- researchers’ hopes that permanent victories against many diseases have been achieved.
A. proliferation . . blighted