Which of the following user accounts is predefined in Windows Server 2000/2003? (Choose all that apply.)
When an employee leaves an organization, and you want to prevent that account from being used but maintain all rights and permissions so that it can be reactivated, you should _________________ the account.
Which Windows repair and recovery facility can be run by booting to the installation CD, can replace files, and can manage partitions?
b. Recovery Console
What is the Linux command-line program for creating users?
Which of the following records failed logon attempts?
6. The ______________________ log in Event Viewer is most useful for determining which drivers have been loaded.
7. To disable an account in Linux Fedora Core 4, you should do which of the following?
b. Insert “!” at the beginning of the user’s password.
8. Which of the following is most useful for getting detailed performance information about a server’s disks?
a. Performance Monitor
9. Which kind of backup type does not mark files as backed up? (Choose all that apply.)
10. In a three-disk RAID 5 stripe set, where is the parity information?
d. on all disks
11. You created a six-disk stripe set with parity. Each disk is 30 GB. How much room do you have in the stripe set for user data?
b. 150 GB
12. Which RAID level provides enhanced performance but no fault tolerance?
a. RAID 0
13. You are installing a new server. You want to mirror the partition that the OS will be installed on, and you want the partition to be 100 GB. Which of the following best satisfies these requirements?
b. two 150 GB drives
14. For security reasons, you should delete the Everyone group. True or False?
15. You have just installed a new device and its driver on a Windows XP computer. When you restart the computer, you get an error and Windows fails to boot. When you restart the computer again, what key should you press to access Last Known Good Configuration to undo the effects of the newly installed driver?
16. You’re about to install several devices and applications on your Windows XP computer, but you want to make sure you can bring your system back to its current operating point before the installations, just in case something goes wrong. What should you run?
b. System Restore
17. Which of the following Windows Server 2000/2003 fault-tolerance features enable you to access user settings, data files, and applications from your home desktop on another Windows machine on a network?
18. Which of the following RAID levels is available in Windows Server 2000/2003? (Choose all that apply.)
a. RAID 0
b. RAID 1
f. RAID 5
19. Which RAID level has a striped mirror set?
20. Which backup scheme backs up all files that have changed since the last backup and marks files as backed up?
21. What user account option must be reset to allow users to log on if they have entered their account passwords incorrectly a defined maximum number of times?
c. Account is locked out
22. When a user’s profile is stored on a network server, it’s called a ________________.
b. roaming profile
23. What command allows a user account to be used in Linux after the account is first created?
24. Which of the following entities can be assigned file and folder permissions in Linux?
c. owner, group, others
25. Where do you find most Linux log files that report on system and user activity?