what are three digestive enzymes produced by the pancreas?
- 1. Trypsin, which breaks down proteins
- 2. Amylase, which breaks down carbs
- 3. Lipase, which breaks down fat
The gallblader is a saclike struture on the inferior surface of the liver, serves as a storage area for bile, which is produced by the liver.
is an enlogated, somewhat flatnened organ that lies posterior and slighly inferior to the stomach
- it performs endocrine and exocrine functions
- - as an endocrine gland the pancreas secretes insulin directly into the bloodstrean to maintain normal blood glucose levels
the larger glandular organ in the body, weighs approximately 3 or 4 pounds. it is located beneath the diaphragm in the right upper quadrant of the abnominal cavitiy
accessory organs of digestion
- - liver
- - gallbladder
- - pancreas