Name some urinary Sx of irritative and obstructive patterns.
- Irritative: dysuria, frequency, urgency
- Obstructive: initiation, slow stream, not emptying
Name 5 causes for haematuria.
- Congenital - Polycystic kidneys, igA nephropathy, benign familial haematuria
- Renal causes – nephritic syndrome (post-strep GN, rapidly progressive GN, SLE)
- Infarction – arterial emboli
- Cancer – renal cell, transitional cell (smoking, amylene dies)
Name 6 paraneoplastic symptoms of RCC.
- EPO (polycythemia)
- Gonadotrophins – hirstuism
- Renin – uncontrolled hypertension
- Varicocele from blockage of the left testicular vein by tumor invasion of the left renal vein.
- Anaemia (from depression of EPO)