A tension and uncertainty
I can't bear the suspense about my upcoming birthday party.
Interrupt, temporarily prevent from continuing.
The court case was ___ due to lack of evidence.
Hang down loosely, drooping, sagging.
The large ___ flowers covered the sides of the fence.
A locket or medallion
The grandmother wore a gold ___ around her neck.
Close by or approaching.
The siren warned the people of the ___ storm.
Designed to be used only once then abandoned, replaced, or destroyed.
Mr. Matthews, the boss, decided that the lazy clerk was ___.
When the sun crosses the celestial equator and day and night are of equal length (usually around the end of September and end of March).
The spring ___ usually occurs around March 20.
A state or condition in which opposing forces are balanced; physical balance.
I stumbled over a rock but regained my ___.
Mental calmness, even temper in a difficult situation.
She accepted the good and bad news with ___.
Not equal, not fair
The size of the shoes were ___.
The same in value.
Nodding your head is ___ to saying yes or no.
In the same manner
All children should be treated ___.
- Being the same in quality, size, degree, value, or status
Mother poured out an ___ portion of soup to all of the children.
- A person or thing considered to be the same in size or value.
Mrs. C.C. is Mr. Nagel's ___ because they are both supervisors.
- To be the same in amount or number.
Five plus five ___ ten.
- - adj. Being the same in quality, size, degree, value, or status
- - n. A person or thing considered to be the same in size or value.
- - v. To be the same in amount or number.