The flashcards below were created by user
what is the nebulizer treatment dose for peds. of albuterol
2.5 mg (0.5 ml of the 0.083% solution) added to 2 ml of ns over 10-15 min. may repeat every 20 min. up to three times
what is the dose of albuterol for an adult with an MDI?
1-2 inhalations (90-180mcg) 5 min between inhalations
what is the dosage for an adult albuterol nebulizer treatment?
2.5mg(0.5ml of the 0.5% solution) added to 2 ml of ns over 10-15 min. may repeat every 20 min. up to three times
how is albuterol supplied?
1. solution for aerosolization
: 0.5% (5mg/ml)
2. metered dose inhaler
: 90mcg/metered spray (17g canister with 200 inhalations)
what are the side effects of albuterol?
4. peripheral vasodialation
what are the contraindications of albuterol?
1. known prior hypersensitivity
2. tachycardia arrhythmias, especially those caused by digitalis
3. synergistic with other sympathomimetics
what are the indications for use of albuterol?
1. treatment of bronchospasm in patients with reversilbe obstructive airway disease(copd/asthma)
2. prevention of exercise-induced bronchospasm
what class of drug is albuterol?
flash cards for albuterol