1. What is Sociology?
2. What is the difference between microsociology & macrosociology?
- 1. Sociology is the study of society: how we create society, interact within it, define what is normal & abnormal in society, & how we institutionalize these ideas.
- 2. Sociology is divided into macrosociology, which focuses on large groups & social structure, & microsociology, which focuses on small groups & the individual.
1. What are some macrosociological theories?
2. What are some microsociological theories?
- 1. Functionalism or functional analysis, conflict theory, & feminist theory.
- 2. Symbolic interactionism, social constructionism, rational choice theory & exchange theory.
1. Which theory involves power differentials?
2. Which theory involves symbols?