T56 engine mounts, doors, and afterbody (wagon wheel)
T56 engine repair shop (ICRL C1)
P-3 APU repair shop/test cell (ICRL C3)
T56 engine module repair shop, *RGB*, Power section, Torque meter, *Turbine*
F414 Can and un-can shop
CFM-56, preservation de-preservation, and PM's
Prop repair work center (ICRL C-3)
Prop control repair
T56 engine test cell shop
What is the process for shipping engines/props/components off station?
- Work center generates shipping request
- PC signs and takes to *RMU*
- RMU notifies when it is ready for pick up
- Logbook is placed with engine/prop/component
- Call heavy truck driver for pickup, he will sign receipt and leave a copy
What is the NRFI F414 Shipping process?
- Once three NRFI F414 engines are received email F414 engine manager requesting BCM-1 authorization with the serial numbers
- He will reply with chain email and message giving engine transfer TCN
- AZ's prep logbooks, place with engine cans
- RMU will call with shipping paperwork
- Call heavy truck driver for pickup
Over-the-wing gearbox change
- Squadron contacts FST to verify gripe
- *Wing will contact FRC to see if we can support*
- Squadron orders RGB, Torque Meter, RGB mounts, and parts kit
- Squadron removes required components from AC
- Squadron brings engine and work request to FRC
- 41L replaces RGB after WR is approved
- WR signed off with all QA in-pros
- Squadron Op-checks on AC
- Engine Transaction Report (ETR)
- Entered when we receive or issue and engine, install or remove a linked module
- Must be entered by the end of the next day
- (Major Engine Inspection)
- Performed on engines received with over 40 flight hours. 39.99 and under are only inspected and run on test cell
High time components
- Props: 7,500 hours BCM-7, if at 7,000 hours and cannot repair then prop will get sent to *Pacific Propellers International* (PPI) for rework
- T56 Mounts: RGB side mounts, Power section top and side mounts all have 5 year high time from date of install
- Suspense is done by Ander in Rpool or Jill in CCS
- Suspense items are: Torque Meter, RGB, Power section, turbine, F414, T56, T-700, CFM-56, props
- The main purpose of us using suspense is for CVWP or CPRW-10 to be able to issue components to specific documents
T56 engine receipt process
- Must be inducted within 10 days or receipt
- Acceptance, inventory, and borescope
- T-56 AZ CTR will initiate MAFs
- DOD T56 engine production supervisor Patty will determine whether engine is immediately put into repair cycle or preserved
T56 Engine Efficiency
- Passing engine efficiency is 98-108% (listed on corrective action)
- Below 98 requires troubleshooting, above 108 WC 451 must comply with high efficiency checklist
- Once checklist is completed if engine is still above 108% test cell run MAF will be signed off as HE and RFI
RFI OF TUCA
- (Turbine Unite Change Assembly)
- If serial number of rotor changes, entire assembly SN chances
- When PC signing off MAF contact Andrew with new SN to get added into suspense with old SN in remarks block
- New SN change will also be annotated on corrective action
FRCNW F414 Capability level
X-1, only authorized to can and un-can
What AC does the F414 go in?
What AC does the CFM56 go in
What AC does the T56 go in?
FRCNW CFM56 Capability
- X-1, only authorized preservation, 25d, 56d, 90d, 365d inspections.
- Shipping CFM56 requires truck with *air ride suspension*
- before engine is loaded driver must watch loading video and sign form
- 20k forklift required for loading at air terminal
Wing CANN procedures
- Squadron contacts wing to acquire part via Memo
- Wing will contact FRC to see if they can support
- Forward PN and SN to Patty
- FRC pulls part from shelf or off engine
- Must check "I to O level" in Nalcomis
- FRC WILL NOT move the part without Wing CANN memo
F414 and PROP issuing process
- CVWP or CPRW-10 contacts FRC and says which squadron needs item
- We identify the SN and AZ's start transfer once item is placed on order
- Component, Logbook, and logset will be swapped 1 for 1
- Once 1 for 1's complete email Andrew in Rpool or Jill in CCS asking to issue correct Sn to document number
- Once issued sign POD in Rpool and document closed out
- If engine issue and receipt is done, AZ's will log transfer and acceptance ETR
- We do not deal directly with the squadron until the wing clears us to issue the component
- ZQ9 03 is used for all 400 components
- BK1/BK0 is used for all 400 SE
T56 engine manager
F414 engine manager
What happens during winds 25 MPH or higher?
Notify WC 451 to shut down due to the possibility of losing power while running an engine
What happens during winds of 20 MPH or higher?
Cannot operate outdoor crane to put engine or prop onto test stand with the EIRV
What's special about the first engine run of each month?
Base environmental must perform opacity check
Who is the PPI military liason?
How many people are required to install T56 on test cell?
How many people are required to install or remove a prop?
When signing off an RFI maf for a T56, what must be done?
Complete the MEI and RFI checklists to verify all INPROs have been completed and place them in the folder
What is the Test Club
FRCNW owned test prop with a high time of 1000 hours