- 1, 1A and 4 A/C (STBD)
- 2, 3 A/C (PORT)
EOSS Standard assumption:
- SHIP IS UNDERWAY AT STANDARD SPEED
- THROTTLE CONTROL IN PILOT HOUSE
- PLANT CONTROL AT PROPULSION CONTROL CONSOLE (PCC)/PACC
- TWO GEN ONLINE SUPPLYING SHIP?S ELECTRICAL POWER WITH A THIRD GEN IN AUTO STANDBY
- SPACES MANNED
- ELECTRICAL PLANT IN PARALLEL
- SPLIT PLANT MODE EOCC
to motor GTM with fuel igniters isolated. Wet motor is required if fuel manifold pressure on initial temperature rise exceeds 200 PSIG, but is less than 250 PSIG.
UEC logic will abort start for any of the following conditions (IAW CAMS):
- Gas generator speed fails to reach 1200 RPM within 20 seconds after start air valve opens.
- GTM lube oil pressure fails to reach 6 PSIG within 45 seconds after start air valve opens or when gas generator reaches 4500 RPM.
- Gas generator speed fails to reach 4500 RPM within 90 seconds after start air valve opens.
- Throttle is raised above idle after start air valve opens and prior to ?STATE ON? being displayed.
- FMV/A position is greater than 5% when gas generator speed is less than 2500 RPM.
- TIC is above idle when auto start command is received.
What is batch purification?
Lube oil is pumped from the affected sump to the settling tanks, heated to 160?F and kept at this temperature for approximately 24 hours. The water and other impurities will have precipitated and can be drawn off through the low point drain. All renovated oil in settling tanks shall be passed through the purifier when returning oil to sumps or storage tanks.
MRC reference for CPP hydraulic sampling
2451/006 R-1W & NSTM 245
Where does your air go after your air/oil separator?
GTM max F/O manifold pressure for start-up
Black smoke exhaust indication
Class ?B? fire in module OR air-oil separator fails, causing exhaust to have oil/air mixture.
What is a MGTEC condition?
- T5.4 >1000 F
- AND/OR Ngg >8000 RPM
- Restart within 4 min and normal stop/cooldown
- Motor 5 minutes before restart
- Motor 5 minutes within 10 minutes after shaft stop rotating
- Wait 6 hours before restart
What is reason for MGTEC?:
Prevent case warping
What size mesh is the FOD screen in your GTM module?
Which COMBAT equipment is cooled down by SW service system?
- AEGIS Cooling Skid
- Sonar Dome
What is ?FAIL TO FIREjQuery112401768157258802452_1603691992793
CTIT less than 600 F, 10 seconds after 2400 RPM.
?SLOW TO START? condition
Maintain 40 RPM for 3 seconds between 2400-12,225 RPM OR 2400 RPM within 30 seconds OR 9100 RPM in 60 seconds.
OGC configuration for GQ
Electrical bus split (SG OGC - 2A, 2C, 2E)
GTB for Blow In Doors and what does it state if BID?s open
- GTB No. 27
- Verify if BID is open, secure engine when safe and troubleshoot/resolve issue.
Where is the customer bleed air valve located on the GTG?:
In the module located above 5?&10? vents. The manifold is outside the module below the exhaust side.
At what speed must prairie air be aligned?
Where is the masker air for rope guard fed from?
Alignment is on the upper level aft of 3 generator room. Air fed from bleed air main header piping.
What other space is effected if MER 2 SW bulkhead C/O valves were to be isolated?
Reefer machinery room
If the ship goes DIW (?goes dark?), what actions must the ERO in the space do IAW EOCC?:
- E-STOP engine from UEC
- Man OD Box and take local manual pitch control and place manual pitch lever at -10 percent.
GTG SPEED CHANNELS:
- (K34) 2400 RPM: Igniters on, fuel manifold valves closed, fuel shit off valve open, fual paralleling energized, FAIL TO FIRE, SLOW START
- 7500 RPM: Igniters off, fuel paralleling de-energized, 14th stage diffuser shut
- 9100 RPM: RIMSS decelerates
- 12,225 RPM: Aux lube oil pump stops, 14TH stage bleed air customer available, alarms activate - run overtemp, underspeed, high vibes, lube oil, fuel oil.
- 12,780 RPM: 5, 10, 14th stage shut
- 14,340 RPM: Normal run speed.
Loss of CRP during RMD (UREP scenario)
immediately shift pitch control to the OD box on the affected shaft. The OD Box operator will answer pitch orders from the bridge as passed via IVCS Net 53. Testing of pitch control will be no more than +/- 5 percent. Pitch control will not be shifted back to the Bridge without my permission.
IAW EOCC, what must EOOW report to OOD during MCFED?
Location of the affected equipment (example: engineroom, port/stbd side,upper/lower level) and if the equipment impacts propulsion plant.
IAW battle bill, when can we come up to full power without permission?
- Man overboard
- Vampire (missile inbound)
- Torpedo inbound
- Small boat inbound