(RCIC, BD) – Initiation
- -38” Rx Level (1-out-of-2-taken-twice logic)
- Manual PB (Armed and Depressed)
(RCIC, BD) – Turbine response to Rx level
On a +54 RPV level trip:
- The RCIC F045 valve closes and will re-open when level returns to -38”
- OR the operator opens the valve manually.
X F045 and F046
F045 X causes SV-019 min flow, F025 stm drn, F026, F004, and LV-F005 all to CLOSE
(RCIC, BD) – Sequence of Events
- T-0 - Initiation seals in for 25 seconds.
- F022, test bypass to the CST, closes.
- Vacuum pump starts.
- F010 (CST suction), F013(d/c 'b' fw), F012(rcic d/c), F046(l/o cooler), & F045(steam admission) open. (F045 does not open if F059 Turbine exh valve is shut)
- F045 stops opening due to a limit switch on it's actuator @ 22% (aprox 3 sec.) This brings the turbine to idle speed and allows buildup of oil pressure to the HV-4283.
- At T-10: The F045 strokes to full open AND The Ramp Generator is initiated. The ramp generator increases to a full Turbine speed demand signal. When the ramp signal is greater than the Flow Controller signal the low signal selector will use the flow controller to control turbine speed.
(RCIC, BD) – RCIC Jockey Pump Trips when and causes?
- RCIC Jockey Pump Trips on low suction pressure at a 20”HgVac
- (also causes a turbine trip) Jockey pump and RCIC pump share suction
(RCIC, BD) – Control room indication of turbine trip?
Split indication of TTV position indicates a turbine trip. Indications must be matched closed prior to opening.
(RCIC, BD) – RCIC Turbine cannot run down to zero using flow control, WHY?
The Governor will reopen on lowering oil pressure maintaining an idle speed with zero flow demand.
(RCIC, BD) – RCIC can be operated from where?
RCIC can be operated from the MCR and the RSP
(RCIC, BD) – RCIC should not be operated below what RPM? Why?
RCIC should not be operated below 2150RPM to prevent bearing damage or exhaust valve chatter.
(RCIC, BD) – Low flow operation note?
Operation below 450 GPM(75%) should be done in manual due to flow instabilities.
(RCIC, BD) – RCIC Turbine Trips ‘OIL MES’
- Overspeed 121% (5625 rpm)*
- Isolation signal Auto or Man
- Level 8 +54”**
- Manual Trip PB
- Exh Press Hi 50 psig
- Suction Press 20” hg VAC (2 sec TD, Jockey Pump Suction)
- * RCIC overspeed trips must be reset, The mech o/s will close the TTV (4482) and must be reset locally, and the limitorque be manually run to the full closed position to relatch the valve.
- ** Level is not an actual RCIC trip. Instead, it closes F045 and F046 and auto resets when the level drops below level 2.
(RCIC, BD) – Inboard Steam Isol / Warmup #
(RCIC, BD) – Outboard Steam Isolation #
(RCIC, BD) – Turbine Steam Supply Isol #
(RCIC, BD) – TTV/TSV #
(RCIC, BD) – Governor Valve #
(RCIC, BD) – Steam Exh. Isolation Valve #
(RCIC, BD) – Torus Suction #
F031 (This is not an isolation valve)
(RCIC, BD) – CST Suction #
(RCIC, BD) – Discharge Isolation #
(RCIC, BD) – Discharge to FW Isolation Valves #
(RCIC, BD) – RCIC isolations
FART Man Ruptures on Hi D/P to Supply Pressure
- FART (Four Area Room Temps)
- Room Hi ? T 70 deg F. 1 sec TD
- Equip Room Hi Temp 160 deg F 1 sec TD
- Torus Rm Hi Temp 128 deg F 30 min TD
- Pipe chase Hi Temp 160 deg F 30 min TD
- MANual Manual Isolation PB (only works when RCIC INIT AND SEALED IN light is lit.)
- Rupture Dia Press 10 psig (150# Rupture)
- Steam Line Hi D/P 598” H2O 4 sec TD
- Steam Line Lo D/P -50" H2O 4 sec TD
- Lo Stm Sply Press. 64.5 psig. 4 sec TD
(RCIC, BD) – Normal Flow
625 gpm (‘B’ FW Line)
(RCIC, BD) – Min Flow Opens when?
- < 90 gpm
- AND pump discharge >125#
(RCIC, BD) – Min Flow Closes when?
> 150 gpm ( OR 4282 full closed OR F045 full closed)
(RCIC, BD) – Suction Swap
CST = 70,000 gal
(RCIC, BD) – Initiation Lock in Time
(RCIC, BD) – Low Speed Precautions
- >= 2150 RPM (Prevents Bearing Damage or Exhaust Check Valve Chatter)
- < 450 GPM in manual due to flow instabilities (around 75% flow)
(RCIC, BD) – Steam Supply
(RCIC, BD) – Isolation Valves
- ‘B’ Channel Outboard *
- F008 (O/B Stm Supply)
- 4282 (TTV)
- ‘D’ Channel Inboard (‘D’ – Drywell)
- F007/F076 (I/B Steam Supply/Warmup),
- *Only ‘B’ can be manually tripped.
(RCIC, BD) – TTV/TSV
- Normally Open, Closes with pressure.
(RCIC, BD) – Steam Admission Valve Operation
- On Initiation, F045 opens until 22% (approx. 3 sec).
- 10 seconds after initiation, F045 will stroke full open.
(RCIC, BD) – Vac Pump Discharge
(RCIC, BD) – Cond Pump D/ch
- CRW when F045 full closed (F025 cycles)
- Suction line when F045 not full closed
(RCIC, BD) – RCIC Full Flow Test
F022 (RCIC Test Isol) Automatically Closes IF:
- F013 or F031 not Full X (Inj to FW & Torus Suc)
- RCIC Initiation
(RCIC, BD) – Combined Test Isolation
The Combined Test Return Isolation (HPCI BJ-HV-F011) valve will close on F031 or F042(HPCI Torus suction) Full Open or HPCI initiation.
(RCIC, BD) – Governor Valve #
(RCIC, BD) – Governor Valve
- Normally OPEN, oil pressure to CLOSE
(RCIC, BD) – Exhaust line vacuum breaker isolation valves
- F062 and F084 will auto CLOSE on 64.5# and 1.68#
- Logic B o/b F062
- Logic D i/b F084