What do the colours on a title plan represent?
- Edged in red - boundary of registered land
- Edged in green - extent of kand removed from title
- Blue or orange/brown - right of way
What is a Royal Charter?
A Royal Charter is an instrument of incorporation, granted by The Queen, which confers independent legal personality on an organisation and defines its objectives, constitution and powers to govern its own affairs
What are the RICS pillars of sustainability?
- Triple bottom line
What are the grounds under S30 of the L and T Act 1954?
(a) breach of repairing obligation
(b) persistent delay in the payment of rent;
(c) breaches of other terms of the existing lease;
(d) the landlord is able to provide suitable alternative accommodation;
(e) the tenancy was created by a sub-letting;
(f) the landlord intends to demolish or reconstruct the property and it is not possible without the landlord recovering possession;
(g) the landlord intends to occupy the property or part of the property for the purposes of its own business or as its residence.
What are the following user classes?
A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, B1, B2, B8, C3, C4, D1, D2
- A1 - shops
- A2 - Financial and professional services
- A3 - Cafe/restaurant
- A4 - Drinking establishment
- A5 - Hot food takeaway
- B1- Business / office
- B2 - General industrial
- B8 - Distribution / storage
- C3 - Dwelling houses
- C4 - House of multiple occupation
- D1 - Non residential institution
- D2 - Assembly and leisure
What is an advocate?
- A surveying that acts for a client in a court hearing
- They have a duty to the client
What is the property ombudsmen scheme?
TPO is a government approved scheme to provide independent redress in relation to disputes between consumers and property agents.
What are the principles of the data protection act?
- Data must be processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner
- Must be collected for legitimate purposes
- Relevant for the purposes for which they are processed
- Only kept for the period in which required
- The data controller shall be responsible for, and be able to demonstrate, compliance with the principles
What is the 6 pack of health and safety?
- Management of Health and Safety at Work
- Manual handling procedure
- Display screen equipment
- PPE Equipment
- Provision and use of work equipment
- Workplace Health, Safety, Welfare
What is a CVA?
A CVA is a legally binding agreement with your company's creditors to allow a proportion of its debts to be paid back over time. 75% of the creditors, by value, who voted need to support the proposal
What are the 3 approaches to valuation and when is each used?
- Income approach - investment, residual and profit
- Cost approach - Contractors
- Market approach - Comparable
What is the degree of error for property measurement?
What is the RICS governance structure?
- Governing Council
- Regulatory Board, Audit Committee and Management Board
Provide the relevant dates relating to MEES?
- 1 April 2018 - all new lettings for resi and com must have EPC of E or above
- 1 April 2020 - all remaining resi must have an epc of E or above
- 1 April 2023 all remaining com must have an epc of E or above
Who polices fee related breaches?
Competition and Markets Authority
What new risk assessment must be carried out for firms hiring more than 5 employees?
Coronavirus risk assessment
What us TUPE?
- Transfer of undertakings (protection of employment)
- Protects members of staff when a business is sold
What is the update to the RICS Rules of Conduct for Firms?
The only small change is that the references to the RICS Regulatory Board have been updated to the RICS Standards and Regulatory Board
What are the changes to the RICS Rules for Regulation for Firms?
- Firms must now appoint a responsible
- The use of the RICS logo has been restricted to members and regulated firms only
- The requirements for how the ‘regulated by RICS’ designation must be displayed have been strengthened, to ensure visibility
- A requirement has been added that regulated firms must include a prescribed text in the terms of engagement issued to clients in respect of its surveying services to explain what being regulated by RICS means and a partnership or a company can use the designation ‘chartered surveyor(s)’ in a trading name only.
What is the PII uninsured excess?
- Liability of up to £500,000 - Greater of 2.5% or £10,000
- Liability of over £500,000 - 2.5% of the sum insured
What is the structure of the Countering Bribery, Corruption, Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing 2019?
- 1) Mandatory Require for all of the areas in the title
- 2) Guidance setting out good practice
- 3) Supplementary guidance
What is the 6 pack of health and safety regulations?
- Management of health and safety at work
- Display screen equipment
- Manual handling equipment
- Personal Protection Equipment
- Provision and use of equipment
- Workplace Health, Safety and Welfare
What are the objectives of the Client Money Handling 2019 Professional Statement?
- client money is kept safe
- client money accounts are used for appropriate purposes only
- RICS-regulated firms have the appropriate controls and procedures to safeguard
- client money.
How do you know if you are competent to carry out work?
You have the skill, understanding and knowledge