- In the event of an abnormality prior to V1, I will Call
- "Continue" or "Reject"
- if the decision is to reject I will:
- Retard the Thrust Lever to Idle
- Disconnect the Autothrottles
- Observe or apply maximum breaking
- Select the Speedbrakes Lever up
- Select maximun revers thrust consistent with the conditions
- First Officer I will Monitor your actions and call:
- Speedbrakes up or No speed brakes
- Reverse Green or No Left (Right) Revers
- 80 and advise ATC
- CaptainI will
- Maintain Maximum braking and maximum reverse thrust until stopped if required
- set the Parking brake if required
- and call for the appropriate drill or checklist.
- I will complete the drill or checklist
- CaptainIf an immediate evacuation is not required I will PA
- "Remain seated, Remain seated"
- If urgent contact with the in-Charge is required I will PA
- "In-Charge Flight Attendant Call (or Report To) the Flight Deck
- If an immediate evacuation is required I will call.
- "Checklist Passenger Evacuation"
- I will read the Passenger Evacuation Checklist.
- In the event of a go-around I will, press the GA switch an call
- "Go-around, Flap 20"
- I will select Flap 20
- When established in a definite climb I will call
- "Positive Rate"
- PFI will call "Gear up"Above 400 feet AGL I will call/ensure LNAV or HDG Select.
- I will select LNAV or HDG Select and confirm missed approach altitude is set.
- At acceleration height I will call Bug Up and call for flap retraction on schedule.
- I will Bug Up and retract the flaps
- PFWhen the flaps are selected up and airspeed is at the flaps up maneuvering speed, I will call Flight Level Change Climb Thrust Command Center.
- I will select FLCH, CLB Thrust CMD Center
- I will Can After Take-Off Checklist.
- I will complete the After Take Off Checklist
ENGINE FAILURE IN CRUISE
- Ensure adequate thrust set on operating engine by calling
- Autothrottle Arm Switch Off Set Max Continuous Thrust.
Ensure VNAV engaged the set Eng Out cruise altitude in the MCP altitude window Call Execute the Eng Out Crz D/Down page.
- Intimate turn if required
- Call Checklist , Engine Failure in Cruise
- Select Autothrottle ARM switch OFF CON on TMSP and manually position thrust levers to required thrust.
- On FMC CRZ page
- Eng Out......Select
- Determine drift down requirement and advise PF
- Eng Out CRZ D/DOWN...........Execute
- All Exterior light......On
- Read and action the Checklist.
- PFAt altitude capture, determine optimum cruise.
- Manually adjust thrust to maintain the ENG OUT speed.
Proceed to land at nearest suitable airport.
ENGINE FAILURE ON FINAL APPROACH
- FLAPS 20 OR LESS
- Call Checklist Engine Failure
- PMComplete Engine Failure checklist
- PFComplete normal single engine approach and landing
- FLAPS MORE THAN 20 OR PAST THE FAF
- Go-around OR Adjust thrust to maintain speed and continue approach
APU fire switch......Confirm....Pull, rotate to the stop and hold for 1 sec.
- After 30 seconds, APU fire waring light Stays illuminated:
- APU fire switch........Rotate to the other stop and hold for 1 sec.
ABORTED ENGINE START
FUEL CONTROL switch.....CUTOFF
DUAL ENGINE FAILURE
- Engine Start selectors (both)...........FLT
- Thrust Levers (both)............Idle
- Fuel Control Switch (both)..................CutOff then Run
- If engine appears stalled or EGT approaches the Standby Engine Indicator placard limit:
- Fuel Control switch (affected engine)......Confirm......Cutoff then Run
Repeat as needed.
ENGINE LIMIT or SURGE or STALL
- A/T Arm switch......OFF
- Thrust lever (affected side)...Confirm....Retard until engine indications
- stay with limits or the thrust lever
- is at idle.
- A/T ARM switch.....................OFF
- if condition allow, run engine at idle.
- Thrust Levers (both).........Idle
SMOKE, FIRE or FUMES
- Oxygen mask and smoke goggles (as needed)...... On, 100%
- Crew and cabin communications........................Establish
SMOKE or FIRE FROM LITHIUM BATTERY
If necessary transfer control to the flight crew member seated on the opposite side of the fire.
PA............."Backup to the Flight Deck" "Backup to the Flight Deck"
- Autopilot disengage switch...................Push
- A/T Arm switch......................OFF
- F/D switch (both)............................OFF
- Set the following gear up pitch attitude and thrust:
- Flaps extended..................10° and 80% N1
- Flaps up...........................4° and 75% N1
THREE GREEN LIGHTS NOT ON FOR LANDING
Accomplish normal landing
OCEANIC DIVERSION - ALL ENGINE
- Complete applicable Drills and time critical Checklists.
- Declare Emergency and request diversion clearance with appropriate ATC
- Choose one: If clearance obtained.....proceed per clearance If clearance unavailable: NAT/WATRS: 30° Right or Left(5nm)
- : China 30° Right (5nm)
- :Russia 30° Normally Right (16.2nm)
- :Other 45° Right or Left (15nm)
OCEANIC DIVERSION - ALL ENGINE OUT
- Turn at least and offset as follows:
- NAT/WTRS... 30° Right or Left (5nm)
- China......30° Right (5nm)
- Russia.....30° Normally Right (16.2nm)
- Other....... 45° Right or Left (15nm)
- Minimize descent until established on the offset
- Complete applicable Drills and time critical Checklists.
- Turn on all external lights
- Declare emergency and broadcast intentions and position on 121.5/ select ADS EMERG ON (ATC LOGON/STATUS page 2/2)
- Declare emergency and request diversion clearance with appropriate ATC agency.
- When established on the offset, descend to below FL290. If planning a turn-back or a crossing of adjacent tracks, expedite the descent. Until and ATC clearance is obtained, maintain a flight level appropriate for the direction of flight +- 500 ft.
- flight crew member incapacitation exists if:
- Does not respond to 2 communications or
- Does not respond to 1 verbal challenge or
- Significant deviation from flight profile exists.
ENGINE FIRE/FAILURE/SEVERE DAMAGE/SEPARATION AT OR ABOVE V1
RAPID DEPRESSURIZATION AND EMERGENCY DESCENT
ENGNE FIRE/FAILURE/SEVERE DAMAGE/SEPARATION DURING MISSIED APPROACH/REJECTED LANDING
correct the flight path or the airplane configuration.
- Accomplish following maneuver for any of these aural alerts:
- activation of the "PULL UP"
- "OBSTACLE OBSTACLE PULL UP"
- "TERRAIN TERRAIN PULL UP"
APPROACH TO STALL RECOVERY OR STALL RECOVERY
WINDSHEAR APPROACH TO LANDING
AIRCRAFT UPSET RECOVERY
AN UPSET CONDITION IS NOW CONSIDERED ANY TIME AN AIRPLANE IS DIVERTING FROM THE INTENDED AIRPLANE STATE.
- FOR RA, EXCEPT A CLIMB IN LANDING CONFIGURATION.