Once you've found where you're landing, what height do you conduct the recce?
500 ft AGL
What mnemonic do you use for the CA set up?
- Power in and out of the CA
If unsure after a high recce, what can you do to be sure before landing?
Low level recce at 200ft
If unsure of your power before landing into a CA, what can you do to be sure?
Conduct a power check at 500 ft prior to the CA
Passing what speed do you hand the "con" to the TFO, and how do you do it?
- Passing through 40kts
- "You have the con"
Describe the procedure when arriving at a CA?
- 1- Approaching the pad, "2 min out, clear door checks"
- 2- When prompted, "speed below 60/90, cleared doors"
- 2- Recce at 500ft
- 4- "PSWATP conducted, points to note are...."
- 5- Approach brief: PWP
- 6- Pre-landing checks
- 7- "Ready for winch plan"
- 8- Turning onto finals, "target area sighted 1 o'clock, 500m"
- 9- "Below 40kts, you have the con"
- 10- Losing sight
Describe the ABBREVIATED procedure when arriving at a CA?
- 1- Pre-landing checks
- 2- Door checks
- 3- Recce at 500ft
- 4- Approach brief
- 5- Winch plan/ checks
- 6- Finals
- 7- "Below 40kts, you have the con"
- 8- "Losing sight"