1. Which statement about FIFRA is false?
It provides the overall framework for the
federal pesticide regulatory program.
It prevents states, tribes, and territories
from creating pesticide use laws more
stringent than federal regulations.
It allows applicators to deviate from the
pesticide label under specific use situations.
B. It prevents states, tribes, and territories from creating pesticide use laws more stringent than federal regulations.
2. Under federal law, which statement about
trained and certified applicators is true?
They may apply and/or supervise the
application of restricted-use pesticides.
They must receive supplemental training
before mixing RUPs.
They are exempt from obtaining county
bulletins for the protection of endangered
A. They may apply and/or supervise the application of restricted-use pesticides.
3. What is the purpose of the pesticide registration
and reregistration process?
To control the flow of new pesticide
products entering the marketplace.
To provide evidence that the pesticide will
not cause unreasonable risks to human
health or the environment.
To make sure the amount of pesticide
residue remaining on food and feed crops
- B. To provide evidence that the pesticide will
- not cause unreasonable risks to human
- health or the environment.
4. Which statement about federal pesticide regulation
To ensure future compliance, civil
penalties are typically assessed against
Like pesticides, devices used to control
pests must also be registered with EPA.
Approved pesticide labels have the force
- C. Approved pesticide labels have the force
- of law.
5. Which of the following criteria is used by EPA
in establishing pesticide tolerances?
Research data completely independent of
the pesticide manufacturer’s.
The anticipated volume of product to be
sold in any given year.
The toxicity of the pesticide and its breakdown
- C. The toxicity of the pesticide and its breakdown
6. Under federal law, which of the following
actions is unlawful and subject to civil or
Allowing a person under the direct
supervision of a certified applicator to
Detaching, altering, defacing, or destroying
any part of a container or labeling.
Keeping inadequate records of employees
who received training on the proper use of
- B. Detaching, altering, defacing, or destroying
- any part of a container or labeling.
7. Which federal regulation requires employee
training in the use of pesticides?
Worker Protection Standard.
Pesticide Container and Containment
Food Quality Protection Act.
A. Worker Protection Standard.