Standard and Principles that guide our behavior in society
Mandatory rules that are enforced by the government
What are the 5 functions of the law?
5. Contractual enforcement
why is necessary the knowlege of the law in health care?
1. To increase awareness of professional responsability
2. it helps prevent illegal acts
3. it helps prevent professional malpractice
A system of moral principles or standards governing conduct
Ethical implications brought forth by life science
Why does Bioethics deal with?
It deals with moral issues that affect human life
Why are bioethics important?
1. To protect clients
2. To provide guidelines for the profession
Identify the values in medical ethics
No commiting any harm
create benefit or good
Meeting the patient's reasonable expectations
Telling the truth even when is something the patient does not want to hear (Inform consent)
Ensuring that every individual in similar circumstances receive their fair share of benefits
Identify the AAMA code of ethics:
1.Render service with respect for human dignity
2. Respect patients confidentiality
3. Uphold the honor and hight principles set for the AAMA]
4. Continually improve knowledge and skills for the benefit of the patient and the health care team
5. work within one's scope of practice
Types of Medical practices:
1. Sole proprietors
3. Professional service corporations
4. Group practices
5. Retainer based medicine
Mid term exam