If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do ( even for one second ) and doesn’t do it, it is sin for them.
And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so
And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven
For the life of the flesh is in the blood
And the LORD shall make you the head, and not the tail; and you shall be above only, and you shall not be beneath; if that you hearken unto the commandments of the LORD your God, which I command you this day, to observe and to do them
2 kings 19:35
That night the angel of the Lord went out and put to death a hundred and eighty-five thousand men in the Assyrian camp. When the people got up the next morning—there were all the dead bodies!
As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend
For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.
Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart
He will make your innocence radiate like the dawn, and the justice of your cause will shine like the noonday sun.
Psalm 45:7 / Hebrews 1:9
You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness beyond your companions.”
- Surely he will never be shaken;a righteous man will be remembered forever.
- He will have no fear of bad news;his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord.
- His heart is secure, he will have no fear
Those who sow in tears shall reap with shouts of joy!
- How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them,they would outnumber the grains of sand.
- When I awake,I am still with you.
- when you lie down, you will not be afraid;when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.
- Have no fear of sudden disasteror of the ruin that overtakes the wicked,
- for the Lord will be your confidenceand will keep your foot from being snared.
A good man leaves an inheritance for his children's children, but a sinner's wealth is stored up for the righteous.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death
Whoever loves money never has enough; whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with their income. This too is meaningless.
God sits above the circle of the earth. The people below seem like grasshoppers to him!
Fear not, for I have redeemed you;I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters,I will be with you;and when you pass through the rivers,they will not sweep over you.When you walk through the fire,you will not be burned;the flames will not set you ablaze.
For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
- For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, and returns not there, but waters the earth, and makes it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:
- So shall my word be that goes forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.
The Lord replied, “Don’t say, ‘I’m too young,’ for you must go wherever I send you and say whatever I tell you. And don’t be afraid of the people, for I will be with you and will protect you
"For I hate divorce!" says the LORD, the God of Israel. "To divorce your wife is to overwhelm her with cruelty," says the LORD of Heaven's Armies. "So guard your heart; do not be unfaithful to your wife."
- “Blessed are the poor in spirit,for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
- Blessed are those who mourn,for they will be comforted.
- Blessed are the meek,for they will inherit the earth.
- Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,for they will be filled.
- Blessed are the merciful,for they will be shown mercy.
- Blessed are the pure in heart,for they will see God.
- Blessed are the peacemakers,for they will be called children of God.
- Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
- “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.
- Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
- “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.
- “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.
In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.
- “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’
- But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.
Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
- Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.
- But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.
- For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Matthew 6:22 - 23
- “The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light.
- But if your eyes are bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
John answered, "The man with two tunics should share with him who has none, and the one who has food should do the same."
John 4:37 - 38
- One sows, and another reaps.
- I sent you to reap that on which you bestowed no labor: other men labored, and you are entered into their labors
I came that they may have life and have it abundantly
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God
He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
- For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,m neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,
- neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved
Accept the one whose faith is weak without quarreling over disputable matters.
1 Corinthians 3:6-8
- I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
- So then neither is he that plants anything, neither he that waters; but God that gives the increase.
- Now he that plants and he that waters are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labor.
1 Corinthians 6:9-11
- Or do you not know that the unrighteousb will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,
- nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
- And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God
1 Corinthians 10:23
You say, "I am allowed to do anything"--but not everything is good for you. You say, "I am allowed to do anything"--but not everything is beneficial.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8
- Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
- It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
- Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
- It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
- Love never fails
1 Corinthians 15:33
Do not be misled: "Bad company corrupts good character."
2 Corinthians 3:17
Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
2 Corinthians 10:5
Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ
- But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
- gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted.