1. A320, A321NX
Maximum Crosswind (all aircraft)
Maximum Tailwind Limitations for Takeoff & Landing
10 kias take off and landing, except A320 and A321NX is 15 kias for takeoff
Max wind for pax door operation
Max wind for cargo door operation
40kts. (if nose into wind or door on leeward side, then 50kts. Must be closed at 65kts)
Recommended turbulent air penetration speed
1. FL200 and below
2. above FL200 to FL 310
3. above FL 310
- 1. 250kts A320 / 270kts A321
- 2. 275kts A320 / 300kts A321
- 3. 0.76 mach
Maximum tire speed
Maximum windshield wiper operation speed
Maximum speed to open cockpit window
Maximum taxi speed
Weight greater that 167,550 lbs
20kts during a turn (A320 & A321)
Maximum flaps/slats extended altitude
Maximum altitude for APU start using battery power only
Autopilot minimum engagement height
1. after takeoff (if SRS is indicated)
3. RNAV visual approach
4. Non-precision approaches
5. Non-autoland ILS with CAT 1 FMA
6. Non-autoland ILS with CAT 2/3 FMA
7. Go-around (if SRS is indicated)
8. Autoland approach
- 1. 100ft AGL
- 2. 900 ft AGL
- 3. 500ft AGL
- 4. DDA/DA
- 5. 160 AGL
- 6. 80 AGL
- 7. 100 AGL
- 8. Rollout/taxi speed
When is autoland required?
- 1. below CAT 1 minimums
- 2. if RVR/VIS is at or below 2400 or 1/2 mile, briefed as a CAT 2 or 3 autoland and all of the requirements can be met
Maximum engine EGT and thrust time limit, takeoff and go-around.
1. all engines
2. one engine inop
- 1. 5 minutes
- 2. 10 minutes
Minimum engine oil quantity
CEO - 9.5 qts + .5 qts per hour of estimated flight time
- NEO - highest of;
- 10.6 qts, or
- 9.0 qts + 0.5 qts per hour of estimated flight time
- NX - OAT => -30C 14 qt.
- OAT < -30C 16.5qt.
Minimum engine oil temperature for takeoff
Stabilized Approach Policy
1. 1000 ft
2. 1000 ft & 500 ft
3. 500 ft
- -1000 ft
- Steady rate of descent not to exceed 1200 fpm
- -1000 ft & 500 ft
- correct lateral path (one dot ILS; 0.3 cross track; 1/2 dot VOR)
- correct vertical path (one dot)
- in the final landing configuration
- absent any GPWS warnings and cautions
- Landing checklist completed
- -500 ft
- steady rate of descent not to exceed 1000 fpm
- within -5 to +15 knots of target speed for approach
- Thrust stabilized above idle maintaining target speed criteria
Minimum runway width
148 ft / 45 m
Is auto land allowed on narrow runway
When is takeoff with reduced thrust prohibited
- on slippery or contaminated runways
- suspected, reported or known windshear
- when a special departure procedure specifies full thrust
Can we takeoff with center tank providing fuel?
Landing Gear Speed - Maximum
- Vle - 280kts/0.67M
- Vlo (extension) - 250kts/0.60M
- Vlo (retraction) - 220kts/0.54M
What is the maximum operational pressure altitude?
What is the maximum pressure altitude for takeoff and landing?
What is the minimum pressure altitude for takeoff and landing?
What is Vmo/Mmo?
350 kts/0.82 mach
What is the APU starter duty cycle limits?
- 1 minute between each start attempt
- 60 minutes after three consecutive start attempts
What are the APU start/shutdown restrictions during refueing?
- do not start APU if it failed to start or if it automatically shutdown
- if a fuel spill occurs, perform normal APU shutdown
Autolands are not authorized on runways less than _____ feet wide.
What configuration is recommended for all autolands to maximize forward slant range visibility?
Autolands are prohibited if braking action is less than _______?
What conditions must be satisfied to conduct an autoland approach?
- CAT II/III runway, aircraft, crew
- ground facilities operational
- wind within limits
- braking action medium or better
When should you use LOW vs MEDIUM autobrakes for autoland?
medium for runways less than 8,000 feet
autobrakes (if available) are required for CAT III autoland
What is the minimum oil temp to start the engines?
Engine starter duty cycles
- NEO 1 - 60 secs
- 2 - 60 secs
- 3 - 15 minutes
- CEO 1 - 20 seconds
- 2 - 20 seconds
- 3 - 20 seconds
- 4 - 15 minutes
- NX 1 - 35 seconds
- 2 - 35 seconds
- 3 - 15 minutes
a standard automatic start that includes up to three start attempts is considered one cycle for NEO & CEO, two start attempts for the NX
What is the minimum fuel for takeoff?