- (1) I will bless the LORD at all times;
- his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
- (2) My soul makes its boast in the LORD;
- let the humble hear and(E) be glad.
- (3) Oh, magnify the LORD with me,
- and let us exalt his name together!
- (4) I sought the LORD, and he answered me
- and delivered me from all my fears.
- (5) Those who look to him are radiant,
- and their faces shall never be ashamed.
- (6) This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him
- and saved him out of all his troubles.
- (7) The angel of the LORD encamps
- around those who fear him, and delivers them.
- (8) Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good!
- Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!
- (9) Oh, fear the LORD, you his saints,
- for those who fear him have no lack!
- (10) The young lions suffer want and hunger;
- but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing.
- (11) Come, O children, listen to me;
- I will teach you the fear of the LORD.
- (12) What man is there who desires life
- and loves many days, that he may see good?
- (13) Keep your tongue from evil
- and your lips from speaking deceit.
- (14) Turn away from evil and do good;
- seek peace and pursue it.
- (15) The eyes of the LORD are toward the righteous
- and his ears toward their cry.
- (16) The face of the LORD is against those who do evil,
- to cut off the memory of them from the earth.
- (17) When the righteous cry for help, the LORD hears
- and delivers them out of all their troubles.
- (18) The LORD is near to the brokenhearted
- and saves the crushed in spirit.
- (19) Many are the afflictions of the righteous,
- but the LORD delivers him out of them all.
- (20) He keeps all his bones;
- not one of them is broken.
- (21) Affliction will slay the wicked,
- and those who hate the righteous will be condemned.
- (22) The LORD redeems the life of his servants;
- none of those who take refuge in him will be condemned.