A jQuery112407722885368580306_1548817193724? is a mechanical device that uses pressure from a burning powder to force a projectile through and out of a metal tube.
The first step to becoming a responsible hunter is _ and how to use it safely.
knowing your equipment
The first step to becoming a responsible hunter is knowing your equipment and how to use it _ .
The _ is the heart of the firearm
The moving parts that load and fire the ammunition and eject the shells or cartridges = ?
_ have locks instead of actions.
The _ = part of the firearm that is held by the shooter and serves as the platform for supporting the action and the barrel.
The _ is the metal tube that the projectile travels through as a
result of pressure from burning gunpowder, compressed air, or other like
The _ guides the projectile in the intended direction.
What is the main difference between centerfire and rimfire ammunition?
- Centerfire ammunition is used for muzzleloaders.
- Centerfire ammunition is limited to low-pressure loads.
- Rimfire cartridges are reloadable.
- Rimfire primer is in the rim of the casing.***
Choose the true statement about steel shot versus lead shot.
- Steel shot weighs about one-third less than lead shot.***
- Steel shot produces a larger pattern than lead shot.
- Steel shot is softer and denser than lead shot.
- Steel shot is more unstable in flight than lead shot.
When a shotgun fires, a sequence of events takes place. After the hunter pulls the trigger, what is the next event in the sequence?
- Expanding gas drives the shot through the barrel.
- The firing pin strikes the primer.***
- A spark ignites the gunpowder.
- Gunpowder burns and converts to a gas.
Which factor has a significant impact on a firearm's maximum projectile range?
- weather conditions
Which part of the firearm loads, fires, and ejects shells or cartridges?
A firearm safety:
- can fail when least expected due to wear or other factors***
- cannot unknowingly be bumped from the safe position
- is a device that blocks the cartridge from entering the chamber
- can be relied on at all times to protect against accidental shooting
Which type of sight is most accurate and gives the best view of the target?
- aperture (peep)
Rifles, shotguns, and handguns differ mostly based on their:
- barrels and ammunition***
- barrels and safeties
- actions and stocks
- actions and ammunition
How is a fully automatic firearm different from a semi-automatic firearm?
- A fully automatic may not be used for hunting.***
- On a fully automatic, the trigger must be pulled each time a shot is fired.
- A semi-automatic may not be used for sport shooting.
- On a semi-automatic, firing is continuous as long as the trigger is held down.
The basic components of cartridges and shotshells are similar. Shot pellets and a bullet are examples of which basic component?
Which of the following statements is true?
- When a hang fire or misfire happens, immediately eject the cartridge or shell to clear the chamber.
- Magnum loads should be fired occasionally in all firearms to clean out the barrel.
- Never carry more than one caliber or gauge of ammunition at the same time.***
- A hang fire is when the primer fails to ignite the powder.
When selecting ammunition, you must choose the correct cartridge or shotshell for your firearm. What else should you consider?
- the number of days you will be hunting
- the species you will be hunting***
- the number of hunters in your group
- the experience of the hunters in your group
How often should a firearm be cleaned to keep it in top condition?
- once a year
- twice a year
- when rust appears
- after each use***
Which of the following would be a good spot to store a firearm?
- a cool, clean, and dry location***
- a warm, humid location
- a glass cabinet
- a wall rack
Which shotgun choke has the tightest shot pattern?
- Improved Cylinder