shistosoma mansoni causes what and is also called
- causes blood cancer
- "blood fluke"
necator americanus "hookworm"
entamoeba coli, endolimax nana, iodomeoba butchili have what type of association. Where is it found
- inside the intestine
trichonympha and holomastigote have what type of association.
What role do they play for their host?
what is their distinguishing feature
- breaks down cellulose to produce cellulase in cattle, sheep, goat.
- ciliates called roman protozoa
entamoeba histolytica, shistosoma mansoni, taenia solium and taenia saginata have what type of association.
entamoeba histolytica causes what
shistosoma mansoni is what type of fluke
taenia solium is also called
- beef tapeworm
- requires intermediate host: eggs develop inside cow becoming larvae. larvae is eaten by man and becomes adult
taxoplasma gondi, crysporidium parvum, leishmania are parasites that have what type of association?
pneumocystis carinii is opportunistic under what environment and normally found in
- found in human lung
- people with HIV/AIDs are susceptible to infection when alveoli is blocked.
- 60% death
taxoplasma gondii is opportunistic under what environment and causes what problem
where is it normally found in.
- can kill HIV
- causes breaking of capillaries and lead to hemorrhages
- affects human brain
crysporidium parvum is opportunistic under what conditions and causes what problem?
where is it normally found in
leishmania is opportunistic under what environment and causes what problem
- attacks macrophages in the body
- produces necrosis factor that stimulate increase HIV virus production
what parasites are somatic antigens
- entameoba histolytica
ascaris distinguishing feature
- surrounded by thick membrane called cuticle. body produces antigen-antibody
- somatic antigen
entameoba histolytica causes what and what is the treatment
- causes bleeding in intestine, diarrhea
- serum is used because not enough medicine goes to the liver and brain
what are examples of a parasites that are vector hosts
- anopheles mosquito (vector): causes severe itching and redness
- phlebotomus "sand fly" (vector): transfers leishmania (parasite), causes severe itching, redness
- wucheria bancrofti: causes elephantiasis of lower limbs. transferred by mosquito
parasites that are syvativ reservoirs
brugia malayie "filarial worm": transfers from monkey
parasite that are domestic reservoirs
clorkis sinersisis "liver fluke": transferred from dog, cat, man to man