631.10 Homicide Detectives Responsibility
1. The homicide sergeant will communicate with the supervisor on the scene to ensure that the scene and evidence are being preserved
2. The homicide sergeant will coordinate the response of the detectives, criminalists from forensics, the district attorney's office, the ME, and any support units necessary for the investigation.
3. Upon arrival, the homicide sergeant or designee will assume command of the scene and the investigation.
4. Criminalists from forensics will process the scene and collect any evidence identified as pertinent to the investigation.
5. When requested to respond, or if already present, the ME assumes responsibility for the body and the removal of the body from the scene.