knowledge, skills, influencing attitude that affects learning
What are the domains of learning?
- Cognitive (intellectual)
- Affective (feelings, values, beliefs)
- Psychomotor (sensory, perception, skills, practice, applications)
What are the factors that impact learning?
- V = visual/spatial
- A = aural/auditory
- R = read/write/verbal
- K = kinesthetic/hands-on
- MM = multi-modal
SQ3R Method of reading
- Survey - skim through chapter headings
- Questions - jot them down
- Recall - answer questions without checking
What are the ABCD's of nursing care prioritizing?
- A: Airway
- B: Breathing
- C: Circulation
- D: Disability
What is "A Delicious PIE"
- The nursing process:
How do you prioritize trends vs. isolated findings?
- Vital signs
- pain scale
- level of consciousness
- glasgow coma scale
How do you prioritize time management?
- 1. Immediately
- 2. Within a specific time frame
- 3. By the end of the shift
- 4. Least amount of time to complete