Suddenly there is a crash from off R
- What did you break now, Krelborn?
Seymour: Nothing Mr Mushnik
- (mumbling in Yiddish)
- Aron g'vorn
- mit tzibeleh
- Over to window seat to eat a sandwich.
So, she finally decides to come to work.
Audrey; Good morning Mr Mushnik
- What morning?
- It's two o'clock in the afternoon.Walk to Audrey
- Not that we had a customer.
- Who has customers when
- you run a flower shop on Skid Row?
Audrey: I'm sorry.
(there is another load crash)
- (shouting and looing to side)
- what is going on back there?
Seymour; Very little Mr Mushnik.
- Audrey, you'd better go back there and see what he's ...(Looks at her and turns her by her shoulder) Audrey.
- Where'd you get that shiner?
- Audrey, that greasy boyfriend of yours..
- he's been beating up on you again?
- (She doesn't answer)
- Look, I know it's none of my business,
- but I'm beginning to think he's maybe not such a nice boy.
Audrey; You don't meet nice boys when you live on Skid Row, Mr Mushnik.
Seymour; (enters) I got these plants re-potted for you Mr.. (He trips over and falls)
- Look what you done to the inventory.
Audrey; Don't yell at Seymour, Me Mushnik.
Seymour; Hi, Audrey- you look radiant today. Is that new eye makeup?
Audrey: I'll clean it up before any of the customers get here.
Well that ought to give you plenty of time.
- Look, God, what an existence I got!
- Misfit employees, (Drops sandwich on floor)
- bums on the sidewalk,
- business is lousy.
- My life is a living hell.
(Crystal and Chiffon fighting over a magazine)
- Off the stoop!
- It ain't bad enough I got the winos permanently decorating the storefront?
- I need you three worthless ragamuffins to complete the picture?
Ronnette: Aw, we ain't bothering nobody. Are we Crystal?
Crystal: No we're not Ronnette.
You ought to be in work.
Chiffon: We're on the split shift.
Ronnette: Right. We went to work one day then we split.
How do you intend to better yourselves?
Crystal: Better ourselves? Mister when your from Skid Row, ain't no such thing.
Song DOWN TOWN. Mushnik sits on the stoop reading a paper.
Downtown, where the food is slop.
- WHERE THE HOP-HEADS FLOP IN THE SNOW.
- DOWN ON SKID ROW.
Seymour: WHERE DEPRESSION'S JEST STATUS QUO!
- DOWNTOWN, THERE'S NO RULES FOR US.
- DOWNTOWN, CAUSE IT'S DANGEROUS.
- DOWNTOWN, WHERE THE RAINBOW'S JUST DON'T SHOW!
- WHEN YOU LIVE.
- DOWNTOWN,WHERE THE SUN DON'T SHINE.
- DOWTOWN, PAST THE BOTTOM LINE.
- DOWNTOWN, GO ASK ANY WINO HE'LL NOW.